Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
Promo2day Review O&O DiskImage 14 Professional Edition: Your Emergency Backup and Restore
I  have used O&O DiskImage for the last 3-4 years. I have not tried the new  O&O DiskImage 14.Currently I am using O&O DiskImage 12 and there is a lot to like about it. First of all it is very reliable and has never failed me. It is also very  feature rich. You can backup an entire computer or single files even while the computer is being used. SSD drives are also supported.  You can also perform a system restore, or clone an entire PC or hard drive. Best yet, you can restore the backups onto a PC whose hardware is different from the original PC.  
One of the features that I use regularly is to merge incremental images. Which means if you have created several incremental images, you can combine them into a new base image which now becomes a  “complete” image. So older images that contain only changes can be deleted once the merge has been completed.  This is great to help save space and reduce the number of images.
O&O DiskImage 14 has a number of new features , of which the best is that you no longer need to create a separate boot media to restore your backups.  This is called DiskImage  To Go, which turns the external hard drive where the backup  images are stored into the boot medium so that once you connect this external USB drive to your computer  the program will create an image of all internal drives and the data partition onto it.  You no longer need to search for the boot medium and the external drive that the backup is stored on.
The other new feature is VHDX format. Virtual Hard Disk (VHDX) Format. The advantage of VHDX is an increase of storage capacity to 64 terabytes. VHD’s standard storage limit was 2 terabytes.
The following note is a quote from the O&O DiskImage software manual:  Please make sure that no other backup or imaging software is installed on your computer when installing or working with O&O DiskImage.  This can lead to complications with the filter driver, especially when different software is working simultaneously on multiple drives.
In my opinion Disk Imaging software is just as important as anti-virus protection. Without a good, reliable backup it would be hard to recover from ransom ware attacks, data loss, virus problems and all sorts of other issues that would require you to reformat you computer.
Think of it as another layer of added security and peace of mind.

Messages In This Thread
RE: O&O DiskImage 14 Professional Edition: Your Emergency Backup and Restore - by cookinpro - 01-09-2019 , 10:57 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Promo2day Review O&O DiskImage 15 Professional Edition tarekma7 1 3,427 01-05-2020 , 05:19 AM
Last Post: Starship
  O&O Diskimage 10 Professional Review tarekma7 7 5,971 01-31-2016 , 10:35 PM
Last Post: Bjourne