Feb 2, 2014
MediCat DVD: A Multiboot Linux DVD
by Jayro at 8:27 PM (49,495 Views / 52 Likes) 433 replies

Jayro
    MediCat DVD Developer

United States

Banner.png

Project is still active.
        This project is absolutely free to use; I do not charge anything for MediCat DVD.
        The full MediCat DVD aims to replace Hiren's Boot CD/DVD, which discontinued support in 2012.
        Derivative projects are allowed and encouraged.
        MediCat DVD is clean of viruses, malware, or any kind of malicious code.
        Modify MediCat's ISOs and menus as you see fit with UltraISO.
        USB bootable using Rufus, or similar USB tools.
        Now has a page on http://alternativeto.net/software/medicat-dvd/
        Gluten-free, non-GMO, gender neutral, and no trans-fats!

What Is MediCat?
        Learn About MediCat Here ==>

MediCat History:

I run a PC repair service out of my home called ReSET Computers. As a seasoned PC Technician (A+ Certified by CompTIA) in the field for 16 years, I could never find a software toolbox that could fit my personal needs.... Until I found YUMI, which allowed me to customize my own. That got me making multiboot USB sticks, and all was great. However, some older hardware (and picky computers) wouldn't boot from them, rendering them useless. Even the F-key boot menu wouldn't work. Sometimes the BIOS just doesn't support bootable USB sticks for whatever reason, even when set to Legacy Boot in the BIOS settings. So I made a bootable DVD variety, for those finicky computers that refuse to (or can't) boot from USB. So I created a bootable ISO called MediCat DVD.

The Project Objective:

My overall goal of this project is to continue where Hiren's Boot CD/DVD left off in 2012; Provide a simplified menu system that's completely overloaded with useful PC tools, be easy to navigate, and remain aesthetically pleasing to technicians. I wanted something elegant, but not too distracting. I didn't want it to come across as too technical-looking, or confusing. So I did what I could to spruce things up, within the constraints of ISOLINUX.

ISO Testing:

I periodically test my ISOs in Virtualbox and VMware, whenever I make enough drastic changes in PowerISO UltraISO. (PowerISO 6.0 is now bundled with adware by Conduit Ltd. called "Search Protect". For this reason alone, I can no longer promote or support the use of PowerISO) I also test out the USB and DVD versions across different hardware in my home, to make sure it works across as many hardware configs as possible. All the artwork was generated by myself from scratch in Photoshop (Yes, I have borrowed and re-purposed the Nyan Cat), and all menus have been completely re-written to function as I needed them to. Constant testing to make sure the boot paths are correct takes a large part of my time, but is always necessary.

Click the Google Drive or MEGA buttons below for the download directory:

Google Drive.png blank spacer.png MEGA button.png

MediCat DVD ISO:
==>
The 4.88GB DVD version Includes Lubuntu, Mini Windows 10, and everything in the screenshots below. Burn the ISO image to a blank 8.5GB DVD-R or 8GB USB stick, and the media will be bootable.

Name: medicat.4.23.2016.iso
Date: 4/21/2016
Size: 4 GB (4,939,796,480 bytes)
--------
SHA-1: 2808B05D5F1201716E041E9FEDA91D6575C3F5E6
MD5: 9FF28B0D2EB946B91EABCD3EA324B197
CRC32: E9E47855

Mini Windows 10 64-bit ISO:
==>
The Win10PEx64.iso is just the Mini Windows 10 64-bit ISO by itself with the 64-bit PortableApps suite. Burn the ISO image to a blank 4.7GB DVD-R or 4GB USB stick, and the media will be bootable.

Name: Win10PESE_x64.iso
Date: 4/21/2016
Size: 3 GB (3,225,485,312 bytes)
--------
SHA-1: 9B434AF4B7A9C82E94F5C327AF4513C6AA2B7A66
MD5: 0F632A365642C0E2C35B1BC3BC06304B
CRC32: 0A5B3483

I Scanned This Software With Malwarebtyes & No Malware Or Any Badware Or Riskware  Was Found In This Software Here Is The Malwarebtyes Scan Log As Proof:  Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
www.malwarebytes.org

Scan Date: 8/17/2016
Scan Time: 10:24 PM
Logfile: MediCat DVD malwarebtyes scanned & found to be malware free.txt
Administrator: Yes

Version: 2.2.1.1043
Malware Database: v2016.08.17.14
Rootkit Database: v2016.08.15.01
License: Premium
Malware Protection: Enabled
Malicious Website Protection: Enabled
Self-protection: Disabled