Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
Internet Download Manager 1 year license OR Lifetime License
Hi All,

I want help in finding out whether the Internet Download Manager license is 1 year license OR Lifetime License .

I activated my IDM 1 year license 3-july-2015.

and 

If it is 1 year license then it should have stopped as Full License; But now  even after 1 year it is activated.

SO it is continuing activated in over 12months ...going into 14 th month....

So Is it lifetime license ???

How to find out the time limit of IDM license  ?

Is IDM Lifetime License has specific letters in license which can denote it is lifetime license.

I doubt If I ask  Tonec Inc.they might disable the license.

How do I ask the Company about validity of License ?
If you are able to update to the latest releases even after 12 months, then you may have a LTL probably (practically speaking, not possible).
If it is a 1 year license and it is running even after 1 year then it is a bonus and do not worry about it any more.
Good luck. Smile
They have 2 types of licenses.

Quote:1. IDM lifetime license.
IDM lifetime license purchase is one-time payment. There are no any additional annual fees. The license will be valid for lifetime. It means it will never expire.

Note that starting April, 1st. 2016 it's guaranteed 3 years of free updates with the purchase of lifetime license. Note that in the past we guaranteed only one year of free updates, but did not enforce it. For 15 years while we were selling IDM, we never charged for updates. But we plan to do this in the future.

If you purchased IDM lifetime license before April, 1st. 2016, it was guaranteed one-year of free updates, but the updates may not become free only with the release of next major version 7.

If you purchased IDM lifetime license after April, 1st. 2016, it is guaranteed three-years of free updates.

Note that these conditions were stated during purchase and in IDM license that you have accepted during IDM installation.

2. IDM one year license.
This license expires in one year after purchasing IDM. It means that IDM stops working and askes to enter a new product key in one year unless the license is paid and extended for another year. In general this license is one time payment as well, unless you decide to make it a subscription during purchase process.
If you won in a giveaway, it is mostly one year license

If trade; ask the trader or send email to customer support and ask them

No problem for you, they will not disable any giveaway license
Hello my friend, it happens, same thing happened with me Big Grin I won a license from a site they didn't declare what type of license they are giving away, but luckily I won in 2012/2013 and I am continue using it without any problem, even I though my one was one year but I win LTL.   Big Grin

No need to worry my friend just enjoy  Tongue
(07-30-2016 , 10:48 AM)tarekma7 Wrote: If you won in a giveaway, it is mostly one year license

If trade; ask the trader or send email to customer support and ask them

No problem for you, they will not disable any giveaway license

Yes, I won in a giveaway  and they said it is 1 year license.

But it is FULL LICENSE even after 1 year  :huh:
(07-30-2016 , 11:58 AM)Mohammad Wrote: Hello my friend, it happens, same thing happened with me Big Grin I won a license from a site they didn't declare what type of license they are giving away, but luckily I won in 2012/2013 and I am continue using it without any problem, even I though my one was one year but I win LTL.   Big Grin

No need to worry my friend just enjoy  Tongue

I won the license from a site they declare type of license is 1 year !!!

and I am continue using it without any problem   :rolleyes:

I hope it is LTL or not !
If it is Lifetime IDM license , then Will I get lifetime updates & Upgrades ???
(08-06-2016 , 06:37 PM)neutrinos Wrote: If it is Lifetime IDM license , then Will I get lifetime updates & Upgrades ???

Lifetime use Policy:

Old policy: 1 year updates and lifetime use (but till now all users get updates) [before April 1, 2016]

New policy: 3 years upgrades and lifetime use
(08-06-2016 , 06:37 PM)neutrinos Wrote: If it is Lifetime IDM license , then Will I get lifetime updates & Upgrades ???

NO. You will get update from first use of license to next 3rd year as their policy. 

I was updating regularly, but when Tonec declared about lifetime and one year license policy then i received & clicked and agreement I agree as other software where they declared clearly you will receive free update to next 3 year from first use of license, but you can use IDM for lifetime if you have lifetime.

My license is running from 2012 if they stop my update then I will update here.

Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need Info On License khanyash 0 1,406 11-03-2017 , 02:35 PM
Last Post: khanyash
  I won A FREE Zoom MAX Player License Giveaway mrtrout 5 3,297 10-25-2016 , 03:16 AM
Last Post: AAU
  Won Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Premium 1 year license On Feb 13, 2016 johnson 3 3,314 02-14-2016 , 12:55 AM
Last Post: Mike
  Date of expiration of the recent Internet Download Manager campaign license tsewang 8 5,597 02-06-2016 , 03:00 PM
Last Post: neutrinos