Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
Quotations.
"If you live each day as it was your last someday you'll most certainly be right." - Steve Jobs.
"As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them." - John .F. Kennedy
QUOTATIONYou may fool all the people some of the time; you can even fool some of the people all the time; but you can’t fool all of the people all the time.

ATTRIBUTION: Attributed to ABRAHAM LINCOLN.—Alexander K. McClure, “Abe” Lincoln’s Yarns and Stories, p. 184 (1904).

Many quotation books have also attributed this to Lincoln, and the sources given have varied. According to Roy P. Basler, ed., The Collected Works of Abraham Lincoln, vol. 3, p. 81 (1953), “Tradition has come to attribute to the Clinton [Illinois] speeches [September 2, 1858] one of Lincoln’s most famous utterances—‘You can fool all the people some of the time and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.’” But he goes on to say that the epigram and any references to it have not been located in surviving Lincoln documents.

This remark has also been attributed to P. T. Barnum.

"Plato is my friend; Aristotle is my friend, but my greatest friend is truth." - Isaac Newton
"If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman." - Margaret Thatcher
"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - Franklin D. Roosevelt
"Truth can be stated in a thousand different ways, yet each one can be true." - Swamy Vivekananda
The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. -Bertrand Russel
"It is always better to live a day on your feet than a year on your knees." - Unknown
"I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends." - Abraham Lincoln