Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
Free 5GB Proton Drive Cloud Storage
[Image: Ey4XqSx.jpg]

Congratulations on joining the Proton community! You can now store and share your files privately and securely. To help you make the most of Proton Drive, we’re rewarding you with 3 GB of free additional storage when you complete three simple actions:

1.Add a file or folder
2.Create a shareable link
3.Protect your account with a recovery method

You have 30 days to complete the actions. If you do them all in under 30 days, you’ll automatically receive an additional 3 GB of free storage for a total of 5 GB, allowing you to protect even more files and folders with end-to-end encryption. You will receive an email in your Proton Mail inbox confirming your additional storage.

More Info :
https://proton.me/support/more-storage-proton-drive
Thanks Ahmed
I have been using a Proton Mail account for a few years. Limited to 500 meg of data.
I went through the process to get 5 gig for the Proton Drive. I was also updated to 1 gig of data on Proton Mail.
Excellent, deleting emails to keep below 500 meg is annoying.  Can only delete 50 messages at a time OR allowed recently ALL.  Now i can procrastinate for a while longer.

What are the three actions I need to perform?
To receive the additional 3 GB of free storage on Proton Drive, you must:

Add a file or folder
    Create a shareable link
    Protect your account with a recovery method

For recovery method I just enabled a recovery phrase - not recover email or phone number.
https://proton.me/support/set-account-re...ery-phrase

Proton Mail upgrade from 500 meg to 1 gig.

https://proton.me/support/get-started-mail
Settings → Open checklist and get free storage.     mine was empty.

It states :-
To help you do more with Proton Mail, we’re introducing four quick actions to help you discover your new inbox:

Discover how our privacy features protect you
    Set up automatic forwarding from Gmail
    Change an account login to your Proton Mail address
    Get the Proton Mail app on your iPhone or Android device

Once you’ve completed all actions, we’ll upgrade your Mail storage space to 1 GB, allowing you to keep even more emails in your inbox.

If you’re already using Proton Mail, you can still increase your storage space until March 20, 2024, by completing these actions.

I used my existing Proton Mail account

After reading the above requirements I was NOT interested in forwarding gmail account 
or installing the Mail App.

I got the 1 gig of data for proton Mail purely by adding the proton Drive.
uploading a file and creating a share.
And enabled a recovery phrase.

Just logged back in and now have 1 gig for Mail data.

Already using Proton Drive and looking to access more storage? Don’t worry, you’re also eligible for 5 GB of free storage. You have until March 20, 2024, to complete these actions.

Is there a time limit on completing the actions?
For Proton Drive, you must perform the initial actions within 30 days of signing up for your free Proton account to receive your additional 3 GB of free storage.

For Proton Mail, you have 15 days to perform the initial actions once they appear within the Proton Mail app.

Both of these need to be completed independently to receive the bonus storage for each service.

[Image: B590zQA.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Giveaway QNAP 100GB Cloud Storage ahmed 5 737 02-01-2024 , 03:21 PM
Last Post: ant_gamal
  Giveaway 50GB of cloud storage free for everyone tarekma7 0 2,175 10-17-2023 , 09:37 AM
Last Post: tarekma7
  Discount/Hot Deal Prism Drive Secure Cloud Storage: Lifetime Subscription (5TB) tarekma7 4 3,451 01-14-2023 , 09:15 AM
Last Post: tarekma7
  Discount/Hot Deal Koofr Cloud Storage: Lifetime Subscription (100GB) tarekma7 3 2,150 01-12-2023 , 12:48 PM
Last Post: khanyash
  Giveaway 100 GB of cloud storage @Bitrix24 ahmed 19 8,010 10-07-2022 , 01:57 PM
Last Post: ahmed