Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
Uninstalr - A free uninstall tool from the jv16PowerTools team
(07-29-2023 , 08:28 AM)divinenews Wrote: So, from what I have read above, my understanding is this software is really in its BETA stage and more development is needed before it comes up to par with some of the better free uninstallers. Does anyone agree with me?

This is not a beta version, but the first release. Fixes and updates will bring improvements and stability. I tested Uninstalr in private beta and reported a few issues and suggested some features to @jv16. The first release has undergone many changes and improvements. However, exercise caution when using uninstall, optimize, or similar tools.
(07-30-2023 , 02:32 PM)khanyash Wrote:
(07-29-2023 , 08:28 AM)divinenews Wrote: So, from what I have read above, my understanding is this software is really in its BETA stage and more development is needed before it comes up to par with some of the better free uninstallers. Does anyone agree with me?

This is not a beta version, but the first release. Fixes and updates will bring improvements and stability. I tested Uninstalr in private beta and reported a few issues and suggested some features to @jv16. The first release has undergone many changes and improvements. However, exercise caution when using uninstall, optimize, or similar tools.

Thank you, Khanyash. ... That told me all that I need to know about this softwareThumb
Is this the same uninstaller that comes with PowerTools?
(08-03-2023 , 12:53 AM)clyde Wrote: Is this the same uninstaller that comes with PowerTools?

Not really. This is the same uninstaller that comes with PowerTools but everything has been completely rewritten from scratch. This tool will replace the PowerTools' Software Uninstaller tool in the near future.
Thanks I've been a PowerTools user for a long time.Can I ask you if you're the creator of PowerTools?
(08-03-2023 , 04:59 PM)clyde Wrote: Thanks I've been a PowerTools user for a long time.Can I ask you if you're the creator of PowerTools?

Thank you for being jv16 PowerTools user! Yes, I'm the developer of that program as well.
I remembers using a program you developed years ago.I just can't remember its name right now.Thanks for making good programs.
(08-03-2023 , 11:31 PM)clyde Wrote: I remembers using a program you developed years ago.I just can't remember its name right now.Thanks for making good programs.

Perhaps you mean RegCleaner? That was the first program I ever published. And thank you!
Version 1.1 was released on August 3rd, 2023

https://uninstalr.com/

Download Portable https://uninstalr.com/Uninstalr_Portable.exe
Download Installer https://uninstalr.com/Uninstalr_Setup.exe

https://uninstalr.com/#changelog

Change Log

Version 1.1 was released on August 3rd, 2023

Improvement: Added Uninstall to the Right Click menu, and you can now uninstall a single app by simply performing Right Click > Uninstall with it.

Improvement: Microsoft Store apps are now detected better. Previously their name or publisher data could be partially incorrect or missing.

Improvement: Added an option to the Settings page for user to choose the level of leftover data scanning. With this setting, it’s now possible to use Uninstalr to only run and automate the uninstallers of the apps that are being removed and without any additional leftover data removal.

Improvement: Portable app and leftover app detection is now more accurate.

Improvement: The distinction between Show All Data and Uninstall views is now better. The Show All Data view no longer displays the Uninstall button, either.

Improvement: The program now uses less RAM to operate. In some systems, the program might fail to start because of Out Of Memory error. This issue is not yet fully fixed, but it should now occur be even more rare.

Improvement: The Uninstallation data view now shows a tip explaining that the view might contain non-existing paths. This is done, because sometimes running an app’s uninstaller actually creates new data to the system. By listing non-existing paths, these paths will also be removed during the uninstallation.

Improvement: The installed software analysis should now work faster on most systems.

Fix: Changing the user interface language and then clicking Save Settings doesn’t always work. That is, the newly changed language setting is not saved.

Fix: In some cases, uninstalling any app could cause Windows to display Blue Screen of Death error message and reboot. This was entirely a cosmetic issue, there was no data loss or damage to the system.

Fix: The program assumes that Windows PowerShell is installed in the system and available. If it’s not, an error message was shown in such systems. This is now fixed and the program no longer assume that PowerShell is available.

Version 1.0 was released on July 27, 2023
First public version release.
jv16,

You just truly impressed me. - You listen to feedback well and have already made fixes to your app code, vr1.1.

Thank you for joining this forum. ... I suspect you know you are a true PROFESSIONAL, and now so do I. Thumb

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Free tool to manage your schedule tarekma7 0 9,609 05-29-2020 , 05:45 PM
Last Post: tarekma7