Uninstalr - A free uninstall tool from the jv16PowerTools team
In the case of Iobit Uninstaller, the program shows in particular:
C:\Program files (x86)\Common files\Iobit\
C:\Program files (x86)\Gpg4win\..\Common files\Iobit\
C:\Program files (x86)\IObit Uninstaller\
C:\Program files\IObit Uninstaller\
C:\Programdata\Iobit\
C:\Users\All Users\Desktop\IObit Uninstaller.lnk
When i asked to show the folder on "C:\Program files (x86)\IObit Uninstaller\", it opens "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\IObit\Advanced SystemCare" which is on the PC.

In the case of Flac, the program shows pretty much the same thing:
C:\Program files (x86)\Flac\
C:\Program files\Flac\
C:\Users\All Users\Desktop\Flac.lnk
C:\Users\All Users\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Flac.lnk
C:\Users\All Users\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Flac\

But i can't ask to show the folder of "C:\Program files (x86)\Flac\", because the button don't exist in this case.

You say "You can simply edit the large listing area that lists all the paths. The editing is enabled on the list before you are about to uninstall the app. "
I can delete nothing (with delete or backspace) in the list !
I forget to report something about Flac : two weird items in the registry !

HKEY_USERS\s-1-5-21-4082479606-218454519-1535753518-1001\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Currentversion\Applicationassociationtoasts\ : mplayerc64.flac_.flac

HKEY_USERS\s-1-5-21-4082479606-218454519-1535753518-1001_classes\Imgburn.assocfile.flac\

(Imgburn is on the PC)
I will wait some time until I use this. For the moment I'll stick with jv16 uninstaller  Smile
So, from what I have read above, my understanding is this software is really in its BETA stage and more development is needed before it comes up to par with some of the better free uninstallers. Does anyone agree with me?
(07-29-2023 , 08:28 AM)divinenews Wrote: So, from what I have read above, my understanding is this software is really in its BETA stage and more development is needed before it comes up to par with some of the better free uninstallers. Does anyone agree with me?

The program is not in beta stage. We did multiple rounds of private and public beta testing before this release.

So far, after tens of thousands of downloads, we have had reports of a few bugs, two of the most serious ones  being:
1) It can display an Out Of Memory error and close in some systems with a lot of programs installed. For example, one user reports they have over 500 apps installed in their system, and Uninstalr fails to start on it.

2) It can display BSOD error message on some systems when starting to uninstall software. This seems to happen only on certain Windows 11 systems and it's very rare.

Neither of these issues are dangerous in any ways and there is no loss of data or anything of that sort.
(07-28-2023 , 08:08 PM)Jeanjean Wrote: In the case of Iobit Uninstaller, the program shows in particular:
C:\Program files (x86)\Common files\Iobit\
C:\Program files (x86)\Gpg4win\..\Common files\Iobit\
C:\Program files (x86)\IObit Uninstaller\
C:\Program files\IObit Uninstaller\
C:\Programdata\Iobit\
C:\Users\All Users\Desktop\IObit Uninstaller.lnk
When i asked to show the folder on "C:\Program files (x86)\IObit Uninstaller\", it opens "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\IObit\Advanced SystemCare" which is on the PC.

In the case of Flac, the program shows pretty much the same thing:
C:\Program files (x86)\Flac\
C:\Program files\Flac\
C:\Users\All Users\Desktop\Flac.lnk
C:\Users\All Users\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Flac.lnk
C:\Users\All Users\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Flac\

But i can't ask to show the folder of "C:\Program files (x86)\Flac\", because the button don't exist in this case.

This is by design. The program lists paths that do not exist at the time, but that can be created by the program's uninstaller during the uninstallation process.

(07-28-2023 , 08:08 PM)Jeanjean Wrote: You say "You can simply edit the large listing area that lists all the paths. The editing is enabled on the list before you are about to uninstall the app. "
I can delete nothing (with delete or backspace) in the list !

This is a minor user interface bug. To be able to edit the list, please choose any software, and then click the Uninstall button, not the Show All Data button. Then you can edit the list.
@ jv16

One of the feature is "Also detects portable apps ...". What are we talking about here?

I have a lot of portable applications on my D drive, but they are not detected !
Is there any way to "force" detection ? I couldn't find anything similar in the program parameters.
(07-30-2023 , 09:13 AM)Jeanjean Wrote: @ jv16

One of the feature is "Also detects portable apps ...". What are we talking about here?

I have a lot of portable applications on my D drive, but they are not detected !
Is there any way to "force" detection ? I couldn't find anything similar in the program parameters.

Can you tell me what portable apps do you have on your D drive and where exactly?

Portable app detection is tricky, because they can basically exist anywhere. It's also non trivial to distinguish a portable app from a leftover.
If the possibility exists, I always prefer to take the portable version of a program and place it in "D:\portables", so that if a problem arises on my C: they are not lost.
In the event of uninstallation of one of them, I perform a forced uninstall with Revo.
(07-30-2023 , 10:18 AM)Jeanjean Wrote: If the possibility exists, I always prefer to take the portable version of a program and place it in "D:\portables", so that if a problem arises on my C: they are not lost.
In the event of uninstallation of one of them, I perform a forced uninstall with Revo.

I can see how those portable apps would not be detected by Uninstalr. I shall try to fix this for the next version. Thank you for reporting!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Free tool to manage your schedule tarekma7 0 9,609 05-29-2020 , 05:45 PM
Last Post: tarekma7