Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
Giveaway Epic Games Store Winter Giveaways 2022 - free game every day until Dec 29th
December 24th

Today's giveaway is Metro Last Light Redux.

https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/metr...ight-redux

[Image: PgO0VdY.jpg]

Based on the dog tags in the clue for tomorrow's mystery game, it could be Death Stranding.
December 25th

Update: Epic has pulled the Director's Cut Edition, and are now giving away the base game for free.

https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/death-stranding

[Image: AO9f2dU.jpg]

The original post is as follows:

Today's giveaway is Death Stranding Director's Cut.

https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/deat...ectors-cut

It is an outstanding game created by Hideo Kojima (Metal Gear Solid), featuring Norman Reedus as the protagonist.

[Image: FoOG1rL.jpg]

The mystery game clue for tomorrow has a fist with bunny ears, it's going to be F.I.S.T.: Forged In Shadow Torch.
(12-25-2022 , 05:03 PM)batman Wrote: December 25th
Today's giveaway is Death Stranding Director's Cut.

That is arguably the first "big game" of this season, I mean which haven't been given away in the past. Won't complain though, rest of the games were interesting as well and diversified.

Was very surprised they gave the classics Fallout the other day btw, a step in direction to the 'old school' gamers in their thirties/forties maybe, given they must be massively on Steam still... And the 2020's Fallout the next day for the youngers.
It seems they pulled the Death Stranding Director's Cut version and are now giving away the "normal" version. Sadly I was too late to get the Director's Cut version.  Confused
(12-25-2022 , 07:37 PM)Tiny_Grasshopper Wrote: It seems they pulled the Death Stranding Director's Cut version and are now giving away the "normal" version. Sadly I was too late to get the Director's Cut version.  Confused
Same but not a big deal tbh, this version seems fine enough, and probably in a few years time the DC version will be given away somewhere and you could play the game a 2nd time.

They might even change for it before as there is a lot of ppl crying on socials about a 2 yo AAA game they got... free  Boo

Also servers are still overloaded it seems... could be buggy.

I read the DC version was a bit "too much" in some aspects anyways (too easy for example).
(12-25-2022 , 07:37 PM)Tiny_Grasshopper Wrote: It seems they pulled the Death Stranding Director's Cut version and are now giving away the "normal" version. Sadly I was too late to get the Director's Cut version.  Confused

Just read about this, that's kind of bad on Epic's part. The Director's Cut upgrade is on sale for a 40% discount.

(12-25-2022 , 10:11 PM)Animal_Rights Wrote: I read the DC version was a bit "too much" in some aspects anyways (too easy for example).

I bought the game in 2020, and the upgrade on launch day. I think the base game should be enough for a first playthrough, the DC adds some extra content, tools. It does make some parts of the game easier, and some harder.
December 26th

Today's freebie is F.I.S.T.: Forged In Shadow Torch.

https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/fist...adow-torch

[Image: mHcOAa3.jpg]

Tomorrow's giveaway is reportedly Severed Steel, and the game that will be given on the 28th will be Mortal Shell.
(12-26-2022 , 04:22 AM)batman Wrote:

Just read about this, that's kind of bad on Epic's part. The Director's Cut upgrade is on sale for a 40% discount.

(12-25-2022 , 10:11 PM)Animal_Rights Wrote: I read the DC version was a bit "too much" in some aspects anyways (too easy for example).

I bought the game in 2020, and the upgrade on launch day. I think the base game should be enough for a first playthrough, the DC adds some extra content, tools. It does make some parts of the game easier, and some harder.
Btw you were quick obviously, did they downgraded for you too or you were amongst the lucky ones ?

Looks like "505 Games" finally wanted to make some extras $$$ with their game, before the "2", which could come a bit later than expected (2024 ?)

Maybe also there were some misunderstanding between them and Epic about what version will be given, but more likely it was planed like that between both, ok you can give our game for free but only the "base" game finally, then make it unavailable and an upgrade pack for some money, lol...

Bad or good they made the buzz on their licence for sure. And Epic too.

Not shocked personally as it's still something free, and the best one of this winter so far.
(12-26-2022 , 05:04 PM)batman Wrote: December 26th

Today's freebie is F.I.S.T.: Forged In Shadow Torch.

Very good surprise too I'd say. Looks excellent. 1 year old only !
(12-26-2022 , 06:49 PM)Animal_Rights Wrote: Btw you were quick obviously, did they downgraded for you too or you were amongst the lucky ones ?

I bought Death Stranding in 2020, and bought the Director's Cut when it was released, so my version didn't get downgraded. I can download the standard edition too, which is the one I prefer tbh.

I've been reading comments on another forum that everyone who claimed the Director's Cut for free were downgraded to the standard edition. So don't worry too much about missing it. Drinks

While it was not nice that the downgrade happened, I don't blame 505 Games for that. According to a statement released by Epic on their Chinese social media page, the arrangement was to give away the standard edition only. But they said there was an error by an employee who set it to the Director's Cut, it's probably some sort of miscommunication.

(12-27-2022 , 03:24 AM)Animal_Rights Wrote: F.I.S.T.: Forged In Shadow Torch.

Very good surprise too I'd say. Looks excellent. 1 year old only !

The French leaker, billbil-kun had used a Kabyle symbol to talk about the giveaway scheduled for 28th, and everyone had believed the person was referring to Assassin's Creed Origins because the protagonist was from the same region. Now that person is saying I just rotated the symbol from Mortal shell, and you guys misunderstood it. Big Grin

The leaker also says that the giveaway for December 29th is really special and that they won't leak it. Talk about hyping it. Tongue

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Giveaway Islets is free on Epic Games batman 0 38 Yesterday, 05:09 PM
Last Post: batman
  Giveaway Call of the Wild: The Angler, and Invincible Presents: Atom Eve are free on Epic Game batman 0 223 03-21-2024 , 04:29 PM
  Giveaway Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, and The Bridge are free on Epic Games batman 0 287 03-14-2024 , 04:13 PM
  Giveaway Astro Duel 2 is free on Epic Games batman 0 423 03-07-2024 , 05:23 PM
  Giveaway Aerial_Knight's Never Yield is free on Epic Games batman 0 501 02-29-2024 , 05:14 PM