Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
CNN and the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad year
https://www.foxnews.com/media/cnn-and-th...y-bad-year      Media
Published 17 hours ago
CNN and the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad year
Network’s 2021 mishaps and gaffes go far beyond those of a typical mainstream news organization
Brian Flood
By Brian Flood | Fox News      CNN had a rough year in 2021 that was filled with embarrassing scandals, ratings woes and uncertainty over the struggling network’s future.

While CNN has long been plagued with liberal bias and is often accused of appearing to present news with an agenda, the network’s 2021 mishaps and gaffes go far beyond those of a typical mainstream news organization.  CNN has faced embarrassment on multiple occasions over the past few years, from offering disgraced attorney Michael Avenatti regular airtime to its Trump-era pivot away from founder Ted Turner’s just-the-facts approach to news, as the network constantly generates publicity for the wrong reasons. However, the network’s 2021 saw even redder faces as humiliation popped up at every turn.  CNN legal analyst Jeffrey Toobin returned to the airwaves in June for the first time since his embarrassing 2020 Zoom masturbation incident, thanking the liberal network for not firing him and saying he felt The New Yorker's termination of him was excessive.

Toobin, who was swiftly fired from The New Yorker last year for his conduct, listened as daytime anchor Alisyn Camerota had the painfully awkward "honors" of describing what happened and its consequences. Toobin was witnessed by colleagues exposing himself and masturbating on a staff Zoom call, leading to widespread ridicule of the veteran journalist.

His return resulted in one of the most bizarre moments in recent cable news history as Camerota asked what he was thinking.

"Well, obviously, I wasn't thinking very well or very much, and it was something that was inexplicable to me. I think one point – I wouldn't exactly say in my defense, because nothing is really in my defense. I didn't think I was on the call. I didn't think other people could see me," Toobin said. "I thought that I had turned off the Zoom call. Now, that's not a defense. This was deeply moronic and indefensible."

CNN has since used Toobin as a legal analyst as if nothing ever happened.