Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun is free on GOG
Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun is free to claim on GOG for about 34 hours.

https://www.gog.com/

Go to GOG.com, scroll down till you see the banner, and claim the game. You will need to subscribe to the store's newsletter to claim the game, which is what the button does.

[Image: cXQWAtD.jpg]

You will love Shadow Tactics if you like real-time tactics games like Commandos, Desperados, Robin Hood: The Legend of Sherwood, Partisans 1941, War Mongrels, etc.

There is a new standalone expansion for Shadow Tactics, called Aiko's Choice. It is not free, but it is well worth the money. I bought the expansion on launch day, and finished it over the course of 3-4 days. It offers about 8-10 hours worth of gameplay, has 3 main missions and 3 short interlude missions.

[Image: wplZvI7.jpg]

If you bought Aiko's Choice, but haven't played the main game yet, don't play the DLC now. The expansion's story takes place about midway into the main game's story. Play the first 8 missions of the base game, then play Aiko's choice, and go to the base game and finish it. The expansion is not necessary to experience the base game's story, but if it leaves you wanting more, then it is a fantastic option.

P.S. Shadow Tactics was given away on the Epic Games Store, so you may want to check the expansion there or on Steam, for regional pricing. On the other hand, the GOG version has Linux support.

I also recommend picking up Desperados 3 and its DLCs, so you may want to get the Desperados III Digital Deluxe Edition which contains all the content. The gameplay in D3 is much better than Shadow Tactics, not that the latter is bad, it is great in its own way.

On a sidenote, GOG's homepage has a calendar which you can see when you scroll down. The store will giveaway 3 more games + goodies until the first week of the New Year. Epic Games Store is also starting its Winter Sale this week, from the 16th, and will giveaway 14 games, one per day. So, you may want to hold off on buying new games until January to save some money.
Thanks for the tips btw. Discovered this game just today, and I already love it. Even the advertising videos are so cool, actually they should make a movie based on this game lol !

I used to play the commandos games when I was very young (yes yes, the first ones), they were such masterpieces for 1998-99 despite being so hard back then xD

In the Japanese XVIIth century it will be even more immersive for sure.

P.S.: for those who missed the free offer, it's currently at -93% (2.79€ in my currency) on Epic. On steam or GOG it's usually a bit more during sales.
Ah, a fellow fan of the genre. Enjoy Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Giveaway Kerbal Space Program and Shadow Tactics Aiko's Choice are free on Epic Games batman 0 376 01-05-2023 , 05:48 PM
Last Post: batman
  Shadow Tactics, and Alba - A Wildlife Adventure are free on Epic Games batman 2 519 11-17-2022 , 10:15 AM
Last Post: Animal_Rights
  Shadow of the Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, Submerged: Hidden Depths are free on E batman 1 606 09-01-2022 , 10:37 PM
Last Post: Animal_Rights
  Giveaway [FreetoKeep] Total War: SHOGUN 2 -PC/Mac/Linux Game @Steam ahmed 0 1,436 04-27-2020 , 09:03 PM
Last Post: ahmed
  Shadow Warrior: Special Edition - Free for a limited time Optimus 1 1,786 08-22-2017 , 07:32 PM
Last Post: mattt