Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
‘The Monkees’ Singer-Songwriter Michael Nesmith Dead at 78
https://decider.com/2021/12/10/michael-n...ies-at-78/        ‘The Monkees’ Singer-Songwriter Michael Nesmith Dead at 78
By Fletcher Peters  @fIetcherpeters
Dec 10, 2021 at 1:40pm
Michael Nesmith, who became a TV and pop icon with The Monkees, later stemming into a multimedia entrepreneur, has died. The performer was 78.

“With Infinite Love we announce that Michael Nesmith has passed away this morning in his home, surrounded by family, peacefully and of natural causes,” his family told Rolling Stone in a statement.

Nesmith’s final show was less than a month ago, in which he and the Monkee’s only surviving member, Micky Dolenz, wrapped a farewell tour at L.A.’s Greek Theatre on Nov. 14. The duo were set to go on a cruise together in early 2022 that would have been their true final gig together.

Andrew Sandoval, who managed both the group and and Nesmith, confirmed the news on social media.

“It is with deep sadness that I mark the passing of Michael Nesmith. We shared many travels and projects together over the course of 30 years, which culminated in a Monkees farewell tour that wrapped up only a few weeks ago,” said Sandoval. “That tour was a true blessing for so many. And in the end I know that Michael was at peace with his legacy which included songwriting, producing, acting, direction and so many innovative ideas and concepts. I am positive the brilliance he captured will resonate and offer the love and light towards which he always moved.”

Nesmith served as both singer and guitarist, as well as occasional songwriter for The Monkees. The Beatles-styled quartet was originally assembled for NBC’s hit 1966-68 comedy series of the same name.

Apart from The Monkees, Nesmith had a few roles in TV shows like Television Parts, Hey, Hey, It’s the Monkees. He also took on a few roles in films like Head, Timerider: The Adventure of Lyle Swann, Repo Man, Burglar, and Tapeheads. His last role came in 2014 on the show Portlandia, in which he starred as Father of the Mayor in a Season 4 episode.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lisa Marie Presley, singer and daughter of Elvis, dies at 54 mrtrout 0 618 01-13-2023 , 03:20 AM
Last Post: mrtrout
  Politico profile of Michael Avenatti recounts symbiotic relationship: 'He used the me mrtrout 0 447 12-24-2021 , 05:45 AM
  General Michael T. Flynn Lays Out Plan To Save America And The World mrtrout 0 427 11-18-2021 , 07:48 AM