Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
Jordan Peterson blasts COVID vaccine mandates: 'F***ing leave me alone!'
https://www.theblaze.com/news/jordan-pet...e-mandates        Jordan Peterson blasts COVID vaccine mandates: 'F***ing leave me alone!'
SARAH TAYLORNovember 11, 2021      Famed psychologist and author Jordan Peterson blasted the government's hysteria over COVID-19 vaccines.

What are the details?
In an interview with Dave Rubin, Peterson said that he believes the U.S. is quickly moving to a state of totalitarianism due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.

"The thing that surprised me the most, probably, was how rapidly we stampeded to imitate a totalitarian state in the immediate aftermath of the release of COVID," he said. "You know, if you think it through a little bit, no one really knew how serious the virus was going to be, and so it was an unknown threat. And so you could imagine a herd of animals or a school of fish, for that matter, because this kind of phenomena is universal throughout the animal kingdom."

He continued, "The cost of overreacting to a threat is generally minimal compared to under-reacting to a real threat. Overreacting to a hypothetical threat is cheap compared to under-reacting to an actual threat, because if you under-react, you could die, whereas if you overreact, you generally just get fired for a minute."  Peterson then explained that a panicky herd mentality is often the biggest threat to humanity.

"So a herd will stampede because the most neurotic member of the herd jumps first, and then they'll instantly follow them," he said. "And that's kind of what we did in the early stages of the pandemic. The Chinese acted first — now, unfortunately they are a totalitarian state — and we all followed. And that's excusable in some sense because we didn't know what sort of threat we were facing."

Peterson added that what soon followed could only be chalked up to what he said is a breakdown of rights.

"My father isn't vaccinated; he decided not to, partly because they were telling him he had to," he explained. "In any case, it's extraordinarily annoying to see this happening, and to then find out that there's nothing behind it except the most instrumental and cowardly random polling is extremely disheartening and also maddening and also angering; all of those things at once."

Peterson later lamented vaccine mandates.

"You know, Canadians who aren't vaccinated right now cannot leave the country," he snapped. "Like, what the hell? Why is that? And I'm — look, I got vaccinated, and people took me to task for that, and I thought, 'All right, I'll get the damn vaccine.' Here's the deal, guys: I'll get the vaccine; you f***ing leave me alone!"

“Did that work? No. So, stupid me, you know?" he groused. “That's how I feel about it. It's like, well, now I have to get tested for COVID when I come back into Canada. I have to get tested before I leave Canada. Now, that might be — the latter issue, that's an issue with the Americans, so that's outside of the Canadian purview, but the restrictions to get back into Canada are even more stringent. It's like, why did I get the vaccine then if you're not going to leave me alone?"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CDC Admits Natural Immunity Better Than Vaccine for Protection Against COVID mrtrout 0 532 01-21-2022 , 11:16 AM
Last Post: mrtrout
  Trucker Strike Over Vaccine Mandates Causes Major Food Outages Across Canada mrtrout 0 435 01-20-2022 , 03:07 AM
  Trump on Vaccine Mandates, Biden's COVID Failures, & Ignoring Fauci mrtrout 0 534 01-17-2022 , 06:46 AM
  Study: COVID-19 Vaccine Causes Temporary Changes to Menstrual Cycle mrtrout 0 336 01-11-2022 , 07:16 AM
  COVID Camps Coming Online As Biden Pushes Forward With Vaccine Mandate mrtrout 0 393 01-10-2022 , 07:46 AM