Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
GitHub CEO Nat Friedman Steps Down
https://news.softpedia.com/news/github-c...4347.shtml        GitHub CEO Nat Friedman Steps Down
Friedman says he’ll go back to his “startup roots”
Nov 4, 2021 08:19 GMT  ·  By Bogdan Popa  ·      Nat Friedman, the CEO of Microsoft-owned GitHub, has decided to step down as CEO of the company, with the new position to be filled by Thomas Dohmke.

The announcement comes as a little bit of a surprise, especially as Friedman served as CEO of GitHub for only three years. He was the first CEO of the company under Microsoft’s umbrella, after previously joining the software giant following the acquisition of Xamarin.

However, Friedman says he’ll step down on November 15 and just focus on startup projects.

“What drives me is enabling builders to create the future. I’ve loved working with and learning from developers who are building new tools and new projects, solving thorny problems, and creating magic out of code. That’s why I’m moving on to my next adventure: to support, advise, and invest in the founders and developers who are creating the future with technology and tackling some of the biggest opportunities of our day,” he said.

Still an independent company
Thomas Dohmke, who is currently GitHub’s Chief Product Officer, will become the CEO of the company on November 15, and he will report to Julia Liuson, the new president of Microsoft’s developer unit.

Dohmke, who joined GitHub back in 2018, emphasized the company will continue to operate independently from Microsoft.

“We will remain customer obsessed, working to support teams of all sizes and projects of all scopes—from students that are just learning to code, small and really big open source projects that span the globe, to the world’s largest enterprises. And of course, we will continue to operate independently as a community, platform, and business. This means that GitHub will retain its developer-first values, distinctive spirit, and open extensibility. We will always support developers in their choice of any language, license, tool, platform, or cloud,” he explained.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Microsoft Acquires Semmle, GitHub Now a CVE Numbering Authority Mohammad.Poorya 0 1,383 09-19-2019 , 07:19 PM
Last Post: Mohammad.Poorya
  Done Deal: Microsoft’s Acquisition of GitHub Is Complete mrtrout 0 1,668 10-27-2018 , 06:22 PM
Last Post: mrtrout