Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
Arnold Schwarzenegger Slams Global Leaders Claiming Going Greener Will Hurt The Econ
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/arn...d=msedgntp        Arnold Schwarzenegger Slams Global Leaders Claiming Going Greener Will Hurt The Economy: ‘They Are Liars Or Just Stupid’
Becca Longmire  19 hrs ago
Arnold Schwarzenegger is speaking out about tackling climate issues.          The former governor of California slammed any global leaders claiming going greener will mean fewer jobs, calling them "stupid" or "liars."

Schwarzenegger spoke to the BBC ahead of the COP26 climate summit, insisting that cutting carbon emissions will benefit global economies.

Schwarzenegger explained how California had managed to reduce greenhouse gases by 25 per cent, bringing them back to the same level as in 1990.

He also mentioned California was number one economically in the United States with a GDP of $3.3 trillion, insisting going green was “the best job creator.”

The "Terminator" star told BBC Radio 4's "39 Ways to Save the Planet" series of anyone saying it would hurt the economy: "They are liars, or they are just stupid and they don't know how to do it, because we figured how to do it and it's all about having the balls to do it."

Schwarzenegger, who launched the Schwarzenegger Climate Initiative, set targets to reduce exhaust fumes and greenhouse gas emissions while he was governor between 2003 and 2011.

The actor also revealed how he'd cut his meat intake by around three-quarters in the last few years.

"Since eating more vegetables and plant-based foods my heart doctor said my arteries have stopped narrowing," he said.

"So how have I given up something? I gained my health, it gave me an extra two years."

He urged, "Buy local products. Every time you buy something from overseas, that is evil for the environment - this is like the worst thing you can do."

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  KISS' Paul Stanley slams sex reassignment for children mrtrout 0 513 05-03-2023 , 02:15 AM
Last Post: mrtrout
  UFC President Dana White Slams Doctors Calling For Joe Rogan Censorship mrtrout 0 541 01-17-2022 , 07:42 AM
  Blackburn slams Democrats for pushing voting bill with 'legislative trickery' mrtrout 0 480 01-17-2022 , 07:10 AM
  “60 Minutes” Reports COVID May Have Leaked From Wuhan Lab, Slams “Curated” WHO Repor mrtrout 0 786 03-30-2021 , 05:49 AM
  Canadian official slams Biden for nixing Keystone XL pipeline as jobs diminish mrtrout 0 825 01-23-2021 , 05:24 AM