Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
This Windows 10 Mail App Concept Looks Way Better than Microsoft’s Version
https://news.softpedia.com/news/this-win...pd_related        This Windows 10 Mail App Concept Looks Way Better than Microsoft’s Version
Someone has created an improved design for the Mail app
Apr 3, 2021 18:46 GMT  ·  By Bogdan Popa    Windows 10 comes with a built-in Mail app, which in theory should be just the right email client and users should no longer turn to the likes of Mozilla Thunderbird, Outlook, or other alternatives.

But in practice, the Windows 10 Mail app leaves a lot to be desired, not only in terms of features, but also when it comes to performance, stability, and the overall reliability.

The Mail app is painfully slow at random times, and it sometimes fails to retrieve new email, even if you manually check for new messages. So in the long term, Outlook and Thunderbird still remain the better options, with the latter also offered completely free of charge, thus becoming an alternative you can hardly refuse.

The Windows 10 Mail concept
Someone on reddit, however, has created a concept that’s supposed to improve the Mail app in terms of looks, going for a more minimalistic and a lot less cluttered design.

Truth be told, this redesigned Mail app does look better and, at some level, it could actually work, though, on the other hand, I can’t help but wonder how difficult it’d be to use it with multiple accounts at the same time.

Right now, I have no less than four different email accounts configured in Outlook, and even so, managing my inboxes is a heck of a job.

But with this minimalistic approach, figuring out which account you’re using and properly keeping an inbox organized could be quite a challenge, and I’m not sure this is the purpose of a mail app bundled with Windows 10.

The operating system is about to receive a new feature update next month, but unfortunately, no big change for the Mail app would be included this time.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Avast Launches Extension for Microsoft’s Windows 10 Browser mrtrout 0 1,756 06-04-2018 , 07:10 PM
Last Post: mrtrout
  Microsoft Under Fire for Re-Installing Windows 10 Bloatware After Every Update mrtrout 0 1,886 05-13-2018 , 08:53 PM
  Microsoft Might Launch Windows 10 April Update in May mrtrout 0 1,320 04-26-2018 , 06:25 PM
  Microsoft Releases Windows 10 Cumulative Update KB4093105 tarekma7 0 1,369 04-24-2018 , 05:54 PM
Last Post: tarekma7
  Microsoft Says Windows 10 Redstone 4 Will Install in Just 30 Minutes mrtrout 0 1,732 03-20-2018 , 06:52 PM