Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
The Beach Boys sell the rights to their intellectual property
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar...perty.html      The Beach Boys sell the rights to their intellectual property which includes master recordings to the hit songs Surfin' USA and Good Vibrations
The Beach Boys have reportedly sold the rights to their intellectual property
The hitmakers landed a deal with mogul Irving Azoff's Iconic Artists Group
That means the company owns their entire brand from the 1960s wonders
That includes their master recordings and the rights to their band name
Also in the sale is a share of their publishing rights and memorabilia
Fans could see Beach Boys appear in different forms in the future
That means VR, AR, 3D, CGI, and natural language processing, and more
It's not known how much the rights to the brand were sold for
By HEIDI PARKER FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

PUBLISHED: 13:44 EST, 19 February 2021 | UPDATED: 14:47 EST, 19 February 2021        The Beach Boys have sold the rights to their intellectual property.

The I Get Around hitmakers have landed a deal with music mogul Irving Azoff's Iconic Artists Group, which means the company owns their entire brand, including their master recordings, the rights to their band name and a share of their publishing rights and memorabilia.

Fans could see Beach Boys appear in different forms in the future, thanks to technologies such as VR and CGI.    The firm's CEO Olivier Chastan told Rolling Stone: 'The Beach Boys, in a sense, are not just a band. They're a lifestyle. They're a consumer brand. And they've never really exploited that.  'That includes VR, AR, 3D, CGI, natural language processing, et cetera.

'That, to me, is probably the most interesting aspect of what's going to transform our business. In five years, I could send you a text and say, "At 2 p.m., let's put our Oculus Rift glasses on, and let's go see the Beach Boys record Good Vibrations at Western Recorders."'  It's not known how much the rights were sold for.

The Beach Boys are an American pop and rock band formed in a garage in Hawthorne, California in 1961. The group's original lineup consisted of brothers Brian, Dennis, and Carl Wilson, their cousin Mike Love, and friend Al Jardine.

Their first hit song was 1963's Surfin' USA which created a 'California sound.' Then came I Get Around and Little Surfer Girl that same year.  It comes as a number of artists have sold various percentages of their back catalogs to the popular firm Hipgnosis Songs Fund.

Neil Young recently sold 50 percent of his catalog, which is said to be worth an estimated $150 million (£110 million).

The 75-year-old music legend inked a lucrative deal with Hipgnosis, following their recent acquisition of 100 percent of former Fleetwood Mac musician Lindsey Buckingham's entire music collection and producer Jimmy Iovine's producer royalties.

Half of Neil's music collection amounts to 1,180 songs.  The firm's founder, Merck Mercuriadis, said: 'This is a deal that changes Hipgnosis forever.

'I bought my first Neil Young album aged seven. Harvest was my companion and I know every note, every word, every pause and silence intimately.

'Neil Young, or at least his music, has been my friend and constant ever since.'

Hipgnosis ensures their client's music is heard across radio and TV and that they earn a tidy profit in royalties.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trailer Park Boys - Santa Claus, Go F*ck Yourself Mike 1 790 12-10-2021 , 03:53 AM
Last Post: mrtrout
  UK Army Halts Live-Fire Exercise on Beach After Migrants Come Ashore mrtrout 0 803 10-17-2020 , 04:53 AM
  Big Tech Gobbling Up NYC Property Amid Commercial Real Estate Slump mrtrout 0 600 10-17-2020 , 04:47 AM
  Trump Flotilla Clearwater Beach Florida Mike 1 1,386 08-29-2020 , 04:15 AM
Last Post: scolli23
  Some of us can't ever rest. ... Not even at the beach. divinenews 1 1,796 06-05-2020 , 12:07 PM
Last Post: Mike