Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
[FreeToPlay] Cities: Skylines @Steam
[Image: WrOU3xR.jpg]

GP:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/25571..._Skylines/

(Play for free! Ends in 5 days!)
Skylines is one of my most played games on Steam. It's an amazing city builder.

(I'm rewording the recommended list I posted on reddit.)

Here is how I would rank the DLCs
  • Industries - Bored by the generic industries in the base game? Build massive areas for Farming, Ore (mining), Oil, Forestry (Timber). Send the raw materials to warehouses and production buildings. This in turn is used by processing buildings to turn them into various products. Unique factories combine several products (like plastic, paper, etc) to make finished products.
  • Mass Transit - Adds a few extra public transport options, better types of roads. These help you manage your traffic efficiently.
  • Park Life - I got this for free on Steam last year. Bored by placing single park buildings? Construct enormous Natural Reserves and City Parks, place campfires, lookout towers, etc.
  • Campus - Just like the other DLCs that replace single buildings, Campus allows you to build a proper campus with dorms, libraries, sports arenas, university buildings, and more.
  • Green Cities - Sick of the polluting power and water management stuff? This DLC adds many eco friendly options.
  • Sunset Harbor - Introduces a fishing industry, and some additional transport options.
  • After Dark - Adds nightlife content, and also bus and bike lanes.
  • Snowfall - I wouldn't really recommend this DLC unless you like Trams. But Trams are pretty awesome to have.
Natural Disasters - I don't have this DLC because it adds an annoying mechanic where buildings catch fire more frequently, especially parks (that you build using Parklife). Since Fire trucks can't drive inside parks, you'll need to rely on the Fire Helicopter depot and that needs a water source nearby (river, ocean, etc).

Mods

• FPS Booster - Skylines is pretty intensive on the CPU, and you'll notice that the frame rate tanks as your city gets bigger. FPS Booster helps improve the performance of the game giving you better frame rate.
  • Traffic Manager Presidential Edition - This one is a complex tool, but is worth the time investment to learn.
  • Extra Landscaping Tools - Better control over modifying the terrain.
  • Fine Road Anarchy- Skylines snaps stuff too much, and will often not let you place roads where you want them to. This mode overcomes these restrictions.
  • Move it - Placed a tree or building in the wrong spot? Want to move them? You can, with this mod.
  • Loading Screen Mod - The game is extremely slow when loading save games, and this mod helps load the game faster.
  • Clouds & Fog Toggler - When you zoom out far enough, a fog appears around the city. It can get pretty annoying, use this mod to disable the fog.
There are tons of other mods available on the Steam Workshop, and a lot of custom maps as well. I recommend the ones by Mr.Miyagi, Zakerias.
[Image: zez51QM.png]
[Image: WrOU3xR.jpg]

Cities: Skylines is a modern take on the classic city simulation. The game introduces new game play elements to realize the thrill and hardships of creating and maintaining a real city whilst expanding on some well-established tropes of the city building experience. You’re only limited by your imagination, so take control and reach for the sky!

GP:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/25571..._Skylines/

(Play for free! Ends in 2 days! or November 14,2022)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [FreeToPlay] Sid Meier’s Civilization® VI ,Horizon Chase Turbo & More @Steam ahmed 2 1,457 02-23-2024 , 10:03 AM
Last Post: ahmed
  [FreeToPlay] Dying Light 2 Stay Human: Reloaded Edition @Steam ahmed 0 653 02-23-2024 , 10:00 AM
  [FreeToPlay] West Hunt ; DNF Duel @Steam ahmed 0 604 02-09-2024 , 04:05 PM
  [FreeToPlay ] EA SPORTS FC™ 24 @Steam ahmed 0 605 01-19-2024 , 09:49 AM
  [FreeToPlay+Keep] Meet Your Maker + Sector 1 Arsenal Pack (DLC) @Steam ahmed 0 490 06-30-2023 , 05:21 AM