Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
I need help with my computer
Hi

My laptop was working good. All of sudden it shuts down.

I started it again but same behavior many times

I have windows 10 pro 1809. I received a message to restart to complete installation of Windows 10 pro version 2004. Actually I didn't download it, may be Microsoft pushed it as feature update and it was automatically downloaded pending restart

After many times of shutting down automatically, I decided to restart and complete installation of v2004

It was completed successfully but each time I start windows I hear fan running at maximum speed then shut down automatically 

Any suggestions?
Hi,

I have not run win 10 in a long time.

Had systems stuck in a loop.

If rebooting a few times does not work then look at :-

https://www.online-tech-tips.com/compute...safe-mode/

i used to run a utility that backed up the registry. any time system got messed up i would restore
from the registry backups.  On windows 7.
The tool I used before:-     https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/erunt/

Folowing link does the same. 
I have not tested this but have a read.

https://pureinfotech.com/restore-registr...indows-10/
NOTE:  ensure you backup the existing registry before writing over with the backup.

As stated I have not used win 10 in a long time.  But same principle.

Boot disks for recovery
ulimatebootCD
ERD Commander
Sergei Strelec's WinPE for Windows

Good luck.
How to check if this is hardware issue?
Tarek, check 3 things:

1. If your laptop is compatible with the latest version of Windows 10, especially the H2 2004 build. Check on Internet to see as they published the list with compatible devices.
2. The battery, this may cause your PC to turn-off suddenly. 
3. Analyse crash dump logs to see who caused the crash. I use for this WhoCrashed Professional. 

I think it is your battery the culprit.
"complete installation of Windows 10 pro"  sounds like an update.

could be a specific drived its having an issue with.

be going into safe mode can run troubleshooting.

It will report if it has fixed or at least show the issue.
Could just be an issue with an updated driver that your laptop has a issue with.

The latest microsot updates are causing some issues.

Do a search on windows 10 safe mode recovery and trouble shooting.

good luck.

By booting in on safe mode will show that the os is working with the hardware.
The various boot cds allow for booting and testing the hardware.  If they work then it
shows the windows install is having an issue.   Probably a driver.
To test the battery.   remove it. and just use power to the laptop.
See if it continues to have an issue.

Cheers

(02-09-2021 , 12:06 AM)dinosaur07 Wrote: Tarek, check 3 things:

1. If your laptop is compatible with the latest version of Windows 10, especially the H2 2004 build. Check on Internet to see as they published the list with compatible devices.
2. The battery, this may cause your PC to turn-off suddenly. 
3. Analyse crash dump logs to see who caused the crash. I use for this WhoCrashed Professional. 

I think it is your battery the culprit.
if you are in windows run system configuration and choose safe mode.
sounds like you are getting into windows.  just its trying to install.   try system config to boot safe mode.

i believe your system in a loop.  going back to last known good allows before the change.

4 ways to get into safe mode.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=b_gSkde6dsU
from minute 3 is booting From a fresh boot.
(02-08-2021 , 11:15 PM)tarekma7 Wrote: Hi

My laptop was working good. All of sudden it shuts down.

I started it again but same behavior many times

I have windows 10 pro 1809. I received a message to restart to complete installation of Windows 10 pro version 2004. Actually I didn't download it, may be Microsoft pushed it as feature update and it was automatically downloaded pending restart

After many times of shutting down automatically, I decided to restart and complete installation of v2004

It was completed successfully but each time I start windows I hear fan running at maximum speed then shut down automatically 

Any suggestions?
You didn't say, so I will mention, that the laptop should be on A/C power when you try to run an update.  It may be that the update has nothing to do with it, but that your battery is failing.  Try removing the battery, and then plug it into the wall and see what happens.  If it isn't the battery, the problem could be the power supply inside the laptop.  When a battery is dead/dying, there will be a brief surge of power, and then the battery will fail. When you try and restart, again, a brief surge of power and then failure.  Eventually it won't come up at all.  I have seen this behavior many many times. 

Does the memory check pass?

I can't say that this would be true of your laptop, but in the past, we had many Dell workstations boot up with a roaring fan; always the problem was a (or several) blown capacitor(s).  We had a regular cycle of motherboard replacements going for a while.  

I hope you find the problem.
Pam (+20 years computer support tech)
I checked event viewer. There are 2 critical errors event 41 and 142 kernel, HAL event 13

How can this be fixed?