Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
Update Website Host Changing
For several days now, I do not have access to the site at times and receive the same error:
SSL_ERROR_INTERNAL_ERROR_ALERT
The page you are trying to view cannot be displayed because the authenticity of the data received cannot be verified.
(Same error under Firefox and Edge)
Is this related to the new hosting ?
(07-13-2023 , 12:56 PM)Jeanjean Wrote: For several days now, I do not have access to the site at times and receive the same error:
SSL_ERROR_INTERNAL_ERROR_ALERT
The page you are trying to view cannot be displayed because the authenticity of the data received cannot be verified.
(Same error under Firefox and Edge)
Is this related to the new hosting ?

I have never came across this error. We are back with the old host I have used for the past 8 years. Has anyone else had this error?
I googled it and got the following information.

Quote:You can resolve Error Code: SSL_ERROR_HANDSHAKE_FAILURE_ALERT with the following solutions.
Restart your Browser and computer.
Check your Internet.
Update your Browser.
Clear Cache and Browsing Data.
Delete the Problematic Certificate in your Browser.
Troubleshoot in Clean Boot.
I will check all this Mike, but already:
- I almost never use Edge so it can't be a cache problem
- Both Firefox and Edge are in their latest version
- the internet works normally

Thank you !
@Mike 
I finally set the both browsers to clear cache when they close and the problem seems to be solved.
It's strange that this should happen all of a sudden, since the time that I frequent the site.
(07-16-2023 , 07:33 AM)Jeanjean Wrote: @Mike 
I finally set the both browsers to clear cache when they close and the problem seems to be solved.
It's strange that this should happen all of a sudden, since the time that I frequent the site.

Now switch it back and see if the problem comes back.
[/quote]
Now switch it back and see if the problem comes back.
[/quote]

It didn't change anything Mike... on the contrary, whatever I change in the parameters, I no longer had access to the site without error.
I don't remember what made me look elsewhere, but I finally discovered that by deactivating the extension "Privacy Badger" for the site everything was back to normal, even with my initial settings in the two browsers.
I seem to remember that there was a recent update of this extension and that is the origin of the problem.
Problem solved ... thank you again for your help !