Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
Eddie Van Halen's death, celebs react: 'My heart is broken'
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/ce...alen-death        Published 3 hours ago
Last Update 2 hours ago
Eddie Van Halen's death, celebs react: 'My heart is broken'
The guitar legend died after a battle with cancer
By Jessica Napoli | Fox News
Guitar legend and musician Eddie Van Halen died following a battle with throat cancer, his son Wolf confirmed on Tuesday.

As the news broke, tributes from other famed musicians and actors started pouring in on social media.

Van Halen's ex-wife, Valerie Bertinelli, simply retweeted her son's post, adding breaking heart emojis.

"My heart is broken. Eddie was not only a Guitar God, but a genuinely beautiful soul. Rest in peace, Eddie! ...Eddie Van Halen Dead at 65 from Cancer," wrote KISS co-founder Gene Simmons.

"Omg...RIP, Edward...Our Thoughts Are Prayers Are With Your Family, Friends & Fans...What An Incredible Loss...Truly An Astonishing Musician..." said musician David Coverdale.  The members of Van Halen — the two Van Halen brothers, Eddie and Alex; vocalist David Lee Roth; and bassist Michael Anthony — formed in 1974 in Pasadena, Calif.

Ex Van Halen singer Sammy Hagar simply said, "Heartbroken and speechless. My love to the family," along with a photo of the two former bandmates.

"Eddie Van Halen gone too soon. Total rock legend. Never met him but admired completely. Jump is a jam!" said musician Boy George.

"I lost my mom to cancer at 66.. too damn young. Eddie Van Halen was 65.. too damn young. Another lifetime of memories ahead of them should have been made. This hurts my heart. My mom and I would drive around in her car and blast Panama.. we both loved Van Halen music," said comedian Dane Cook.

Country star Kenny Chesney said he was "devastated" by the news.

"RIP A genius, musical change maker, one of the greatest to ever do it!" wrote actor David Alan Grier.

Mötley Crüe’s Nikki Sixx said, "Crushed. So f*cking crushed. RIP Eddie Van Halen. You changed our world. You were the Mozart of rock guitar. Travel safe rockstar."    EDDIE VAN HALEN: THE DEATH OF A ROCK STAR AND INVENTOR

Fellow Mötley Crüe member Tommy Lee wrote, "RIP to my friend and man who changed guitar playing forever ...F*CK!!! no words."

Black Sabbath lead Ozzy Osbourne noted, "Eddie was one of the nicest guys I ever worked with and we shared so many laughs together.  His influence on music and especially the guitar has been immeasurable.  He was an absolute legend.  Eddie, I’ll see you on the other side, my friend.  Love, Ozzy."

Black Sabbath co-founder Tony Iommi tweeted, “Eddie was one of a very special kind of person, a really great friend…”

KISS bandmember Paul Stanley penned, "Oh NO! Speechless. A trailblazer and someone who always gave everything to his music. A good soul. I remember first seeing him playing at the Starwood in 1976 and he WAS Eddie Van Halen. So shocked and sad. My condolences to Wolfie and the family."

"Legendary guitar and musical innovator Edward Van Halen. 1955-2020. Heaven will be electric tonight," said musician and guitar icon Lenny Kravitz.

Aerosmith's official account wrote how Van Halen will "be missed."

The band Nickelback penned how, "The world lost an icon, innovator, showman, virtuoso, master songwriter and perhaps one of the biggest inspirations ever to learn how to play guitar. Heartbroken to hear of Eddie Van Halen’s passing. Our love, condolences and best wishes to his his family, friends and fans."

With his distinct solos, Eddie Van Halen fueled the ultimate California party band and helped knock disco off the charts starting in the late 1970s with his band’s self-titled debut album and then with the blockbuster record “1984,” which contains the classics “Jump,” “Panama” and “Hot for Teacher.”

Van Halen is among the top 20 best-selling artists of all time and the band was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2007. Rolling Stone magazine put Eddie Van Halen at No. 8 in its list of the 100 greatest guitarists.   Oh no Eek Shock Faint Cry

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Box set showcases Van Halen's magnificent Sammy Hagar years mrtrout 0 610 10-05-2023 , 04:30 AM
Last Post: mrtrout
  Former Leafs 'Entertainer' Eddie Shack dies at 83 mrtrout 0 1,278 07-27-2020 , 12:39 AM
  Motorhead Guitarist 'Fast' Eddie Clarke Dead at 67 R.I.P. mrtrout 0 2,073 01-12-2018 , 04:50 AM