Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
Doom SNES source code is now available for download
[Image: Doom-SNES-boxart-672x372.jpg]

Quote:Now here is something really cool for all Doom modders out there. The source code for Doom SNES has been released, and it’s now available for download on Github. Thus, modders can now download and experiment with it.
Doom SNES is one of the few Doom games that does not use the Doom engine. Instead, this port features a custom engine, known as the Reality engine, that was programmed by Randy Linden.
Doom SNES also used the Super FX2 chip. From what I know, the Super FX was used for complicated 2D graphic effects like sprite scaling. In short, this chip made it possible to port this advanced game on the 16-bit console.
To be honest, I really liked the SNES port of Doom. The main reason I liked it so much was quite simple. Back then, I was mainly a console gamer and the only “[i]big[/i]” console I had was the SNES. Thus, being able to actually play Doom on my console was a dream come true.
But anyway, it will be interesting to see what mods will come out for Doom SNES. I expect most of these mods to be playable via GZDoom and not on Nintendo’s console.

source
[url=https://www.dsogaming.com/news/doom-snes-source-code-is-now-available-for-download/][/url]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Duke Nukem 3D Total Conversion Mod for Doom Version 1.06 Released baziroll 0 2,016 10-07-2020 , 01:35 PM
Last Post: baziroll
  DOOM & DOOM II latest update adds official 16:9 widescreen support & few other featur baziroll 0 2,085 09-06-2020 , 03:10 PM
  Doom and Quake-inspired shooter Hellbound launches August 4 baziroll 0 1,645 07-16-2020 , 07:12 PM
  Doom Reveals Season Pass Details, Free New Content Also Coming tarekma7 0 3,508 04-07-2016 , 04:17 PM
Last Post: tarekma7