Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
New Coronavirus screenlocker malware is extremely annoying
Quote:A fake WiFi hacking program is being used to distribute a new Coronavirus-themed malware that tries to lock you out of Windows while making some very annoying sounds.

Screenlockers are malware programs that display a lock screen when logging into Windows so that you cannot access the Windows desktop or interact with your installed programs and files.
Source(full read)- https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/se...-annoying/
Thanks for the post, interesting article. I think no solution for these new malware types

Waiting for Emsisoft
(04-22-2020 , 09:07 PM)tarekma7 Wrote: Thanks for the post, interesting article. I think no solution for these new malware types

Waiting for Emsisoft
Just wanted to know what do you mean by "waiting for emsisoft"?
The first step in ransomware prevention is to invest in awesome cybersecurity — a program
with real-time protection that’s designed to thwart advanced malware attacks such
as ransomware... my suggestion here would be purchasing and installing MBAM Pro (I have
a lifetime license) but Malwarebytes FREE is better than none.

AND as much as it may pain you in the butt as it does us all, you need to create secure
backupsof your data on a REGULAR basis [how many times per week will depemd on your
usage of course so only you can make this choice but for me daily].

IF I was to recommenda back up it would be create and to use MEGA cloud storage as it
includes 50GB of FREE high-level encryption and multiple-factor authentication. or any other that tickles your fancy...!

HOWEVER, if you are not a cloud storage advocate (old school) then another option
I would suggest for you isto purchase an external hard drive storage unit which are
reasonably cheap these days... where you can save new or updated files— PLEASE
be sure to physically disconnect the device from your computer after backing up
your priceless system..

Back up programs ...? wow so many out there and some quite efficient but my favourite
is and will always be Acronis True Image
yeah it a bit pricey but way way cheaper than having your system held to ransom-ware..

If like me and RL got you behind in your back ups you could end up in a world of hurt
SO ensure you schedule your back ups and remember to use the cloud storage solution
as mentioned above as I did if you are going to be on and offline for a wee while which I might
add still works fine with a clear sky in winter or summer or any other seasons day Lmao

AND don't wait until World BackUp day on 31st March 2021 .. do it now  Player
(05-02-2020 , 08:28 AM)guardian Wrote: The first step in ransomware prevention is to invest in awesome cybersecurity — a program
with real-time protection that’s designed to thwart advanced malware attacks such
as ransomware... my suggestion here would be purchasing and installing MBAM Pro I have
a lifetime license) but Malwarebytes FREE is better than none.

AND as much as it may pain you in the butt as it does us all, you need to create secure
backupsof your data on a REGULAR basis [how many times per week will depemd on your
usage of course so only you can make this choice but for me daily].

IF I was to recommenda back up it would be create and to use MEGA cloud storage as it
includes 50GB of FREE high-level encryption and multiple-factor authentication. or anyther that tickles your fancy...!

HOWEVER, if you are not a cloud storage advocate (old school) then another option
I would suggest for you isto purchase an external hard drive storage unit which are
reasonably cheap these days... where you can save new or updated files— PLEASE
be sure to physically disconnect the device from your computer after backing up
your priceless system..

Back up programs ...? wow so many out there and some quite efficient but my favourite
is and will always be Acronis True Image
yeah it a bit pricey but way way cheaper than having your system held to ransom-ware..

If like me and RL got you behind in your back ups you could end up in a world of hurt
SO ensure you schedule your back ups and remember to use the cloud storage solution
as mentioned above as I did if you are going to be on and offline for a wee while which I might
add still works fine with a clear sky in winter or summer or any other seasons day Lmao

AND don't wait until World BackUp day on 31st March 2021 .. do it now  Player
Correct. These are the best things one can do for ransomware.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Coronavirus map used to spread malware tarekma7 0 1,442 03-10-2020 , 12:27 PM
Last Post: tarekma7
  Coronavirus domains 50% more likely to infect your system with malware dhruv2193 0 1,560 03-07-2020 , 02:29 PM
Last Post: dhruv2193
  Those annoying sextortion scams are redirecting users to ransomware now Mohammad.Poorya 0 1,723 12-09-2018 , 02:49 AM
Last Post: Mohammad.Poorya