Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
Which System Maintenance Software you use (if any), & why?
In the past, I have tested/tried a few system maintenance software but never used one on the production system. I have always used Windows inbuilt tools to clean, optimize the system.

I did a Kerish Doctor Giveaway. I thought, why not test/try all its features well too.

I tested Kerish Doctor for a few days, applied all the detected/recommended fixes, cleanings, optimizations, including Internet optimization. Internet optimization does seem to improve the overall browsing & download experience. I didn't experience or notice any software or system issues.

Kerish Doctor has many tweaks & tools. I tried a few & worked well.

I must say, Kerish Doctor is a well-developed & well-maintained software, Highly Impressed!!!

I would suggest checking the detected items to de-select the fixes, optimizations for your use case.
I use Eazy Fix - Windows Time Machine on my Windows 10 system. Windows defragmentation, system restore, boot optimization increase the size of Eazy Fix snapshots, Eazy Fix default snapshot schedule may not work with Windows fast startup enabled, I disable these on my system and Kerish Doctor.

I suggested a few things to the Kerish Doctor team. The approved features, options may come with a feature update or product upgrade.
I suggested, Windows Apps Uninstaller, leftovers details in uninstaller, cascaded context menu, encryption tool, defrag and driver updater tool if feasible, portability if possible, etc.

I'm using Kerish Doctor (Real-time Mode) on my Win 10 64-bit system now.

Which System Maintenance Software you use (if any), & why?
I suggest to add a Poll to this important post to help users easily select and write comments
hello,

in the old days (windows 95/xp) i used the powertoys from microsoft and tuneup utilities from tuneup (now avg).

today with windows 10 i use the tools shipped with windows 10 and add some small tools like autoruns or process explorer from sysinternals.

the last time i tried such an all-in-one-tool (years ago), it got no effect. the system did not work faster but fortunately did not crash either. as i noticed no difference i gave up using or trying such tools. maybe there are improvements, but i cannot say anything about the current tools. i do not see a need for such a tool for me right now.

lets see, what the new powertoys will provide.
First of all, I don't use any cleaning software to speed up my computer. I use them to have free & clean space.

I have used Glary Utilities as all-in-one system maintainance software. Its best features are Registry Defrag, Registry Cleanup, Disk Cleanup and Undelete. While comparing to CCleaner, it stays behind in Context Menu tool and Registry Cleanup. It misses some of context menu entries and some registry entries like Application path issues and Missing shared DLLs.

I use Revo Uninstaller for removing leftovers. Along with install monitoring and uninstalling with it, I also use its Autorun Manager, Junk Cleaner and Windows Cleaner. Its Windows Cleaner includes Recent Documents history, Start Menu Run history and Regedit's last opened key.

Recently I came to know about Eazy Fix and tried it. It's really awesome, everything, even including my brightness level and volume, are restorable, within 15 seconds, and if you want to undo the rollback, you can, to get back to current state, as it automatically snaps the current state before rollback. To be on safe side, always use custom installation and uncheck the Recovery partition, if you have. I'm telling this because I had messed up with my PC and everything including Recovery partition was gone. I somehow managed to get it back, but it was a hectic process.
I have several on the PCs (Ashampoo WinOptimzer, Glary Utilities, Win Utilities, Wise Disk Cleaner) but only use some funtions from time to time and with caution.
I've learned to be particularly wary of it when it comes to the registry and Windows-related elements.
It is usually noted until much later that a function has disappeared.
That's why I'm also a user of Rollback Rx or Eazy-Fix!
Stacer
Stacer is a System Cleaner, optimizer, resource monitor, app uninstaller....
Basically like Glary Utilities, in Windows.
Cool

Its FOSS.

In Windows, I use Glary Utilities Pro

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What system optimization software do you use? (2019) Mike 11 5,041 02-03-2019 , 03:37 PM
Last Post: Raur