Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
Do you want to stop Windows Update?
Many users are trying to stop windows updates completely to avoid any problems or issues with their system

In the following topic I will discuss how to stop Windows Updates, This is particularly difficult in Windows 10

StopWinUpdates v2.7:

[Image: b87KmR9.png]

Notes:

1- Windows update service set to manual by default
2- Store and Edge and Defender are working
3- Windows update page in settings will show a blank page in Windows 10 1607 or older it's normal
4- Disabling update will auto hide Windows Update page in settings so it will now open Windows Defender (Security) instead in Win10 1703 or newer
5- If you used any tool to disable updates, you must use same tool to enable it, to reset the permissions!
6- You need to restart after enable or disable updates
7- Option to disable or enable Auto Update Store Apps (Win10)
8- Option to Set Windows Defender (Security) to Update Every 6 Hours (Win8.1/Win10)
9- Option to Disable or Enable Automatic Device Driver Installation
10- Disable or Enable Auto Downloading Language Related Components (Win10)

11- Option to Disable or Enable Automatic Offline Maps Download
12- Option to Disable or Enable Delivery Optimization
13- Command line switches: Auto install with Progress Only "/SILENT" Or Completely Silent "/VERYSILENT"
Or
If you want to do a custom install /COMPONENTS="a\Enable" or /COMPONENTS="a\Disable"
Or
If you want to enable or disable Auto Update Store Apps /COMPONENTS="b\EnableStoreApps" or /COMPONENTS="b\DisableStoreApps"
Or
If you want to enable or disable Set Windows Defender (Security) to Update Every 6 Hours /COMPONENTS="c\EnableDefender" or /COMPONENTS="c\DisableDefender"
Or
If you want to enable or disable Automatic Device Driver Installation /COMPONENTS="d\EnableDriver" or /COMPONENTS="d\DisableDriver"
Or
If you want to enable or disable Automatic Offline Maps Download /COMPONENTS="e\DisableMaps" or /COMPONENTS="e\EnableMaps"
Or
If you want to enable or disable Delivery Optimization /COMPONENTS="f\DisableOptimization" or /COMPONENTS="f\EnableOptimization"

Example: StopWinUpdates.exe /VERYSILENT /COMPONENTS="a\Disable,b\DisableStoreApps,c\EnableDefender,d\DisableDriver,e\DisableMaps" /NORESTART
14- Enjoy!

V2.6-V2.7 Notes:
- Added More registry to disable Automatic Device Driver Installation
- Separated Delivery Optimization from windows update option- Fixed Windows update tab in settings don't hide while Delivery Optimization is not checked 

Credits
Greatis Software
mxman2k
Demencial777
BAU
ShiningDog

Additional notes:
1- What made me make this tool is to disable updates while store apps download/install works
2- I don't recommend disabling windows update service while it will be needed while installing some programs that will need to install needed updates if they not included in the system, also some Visual C++ do the same ( Normal user wont know what we talking about so it's better to disable update without making another problem for him )
3- This tool don't replace any system files, it's all about editing registry/Disabling services/editing permissions
4- If you will use this tool to disable updates you must use it to enable it before using any other tools, Same with other tools
6- This tool tested in non updated systems, some updates may effect "Update & Security" in win10 1607 or older keep closing, as a workground for old Win10 Builds you can search for the settings you want or you can create a shortcut like ms-settings:windowsdefender more info here
https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...iding-pages-in-settings-with-windows-10-1703/

source

StopUpdates10 from Greatis Software

I like updates! I like new free updates!
But it’s really frustrating to me, that Windows 10 breaks my work and reboots my PC to install their update/upgrades.
Unfortunately, there is no way to fully stop updating using the Windows interface.

Why StopUpdates10?
Early, you can stop Windows update service to block updates.
But it does not work with latest build of Windows 10.
Windows 10 is able to restore Windows update quietly in the background using a special “WAAS Medic” service and some scheduled tasks.

This why I created a small utility StopUpdates10 that gets back control over updates to me.

source

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to block receiving Windows 10 May 2020 Update tarekma7 0 1,603 05-27-2020 , 04:09 PM
Last Post: tarekma7
  How to do the official download of windows 10 1903 (May update) eufrasiox 5 3,465 07-09-2019 , 01:13 AM
Last Post: Kuffram
  Fix Windows 10 can't be restored after you install an update tarekma7 0 1,894 05-22-2019 , 12:52 AM
Last Post: tarekma7
  How to download and update Windows using WSUS Offline Update tarekma7 1 16,524 11-14-2016 , 05:43 PM
Last Post: yashiscool
  How to Stop windows 10 Upgrade? tarekma7 2 2,740 03-05-2016 , 04:47 PM
Last Post: wwd