Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
The 5 Most Recommended Secure Browsers to Respect Your Privacy
[Image: NuuQMJj.jpg]

Quote:By Jeff Walker Posted on November 4, 2019

In a world conquered by technology, your data is one of the things that you should protect. It is extremely valuable for tech giants such as Facebook and Google, as well as for other third parties that take your data and utilize it for their own purposes. This is where secure browsers get in the picture; they maintain your privacy and security which are important for safe browsing on the internet.
  • Your browser is the repository of all your essential info, including:

• Login credentials: passwords and usernames

• Autofill information: names, phone numbers, addresses, and others.

• Browsing history: all the websites you open

• Cookies and trackers: these are attached on your browser by the websites you open
Apart from the above mentioned data, browsers are also capable of revealing your identity – even if you invest in one of the most effective VPN services. Even if you utilize a VPN to cover your real location and IP address, your browser may expose your true identity via browser fingerprinting or WebRTC leaks.

Fortunately, there are a lot of easy solutions that can address all these concerns, including:

1. Best safe browsers that respect your security and privacy

2. Famous yet popular browsers to stay away from

3. Browser privacy compartmentalization

4. Secure browser add-ons
Using a safe browser that will check all the big boxes for your privacy and security needs is vital because your browser can expose most of your private information. Keeping this in mind, here’s everything you need to know about excellent secure browsers that can give you safe browsing experience.

Here are five features of secure browsers with exceptional privacy protection:

1. It is equipped with a built-in VPN

Browsers that have built-in VPN are limited in the market, but you shouldn’t settle for something that doesn’t have it. This is a vital feature that you shouldn’t miss if you want to browse privately and safely online. A built-in VPN will enable you to experience secure browsing sessions that are free from the prying eyes of third-parties, without paying for a VPN service subscription. Furthermore, it should also give you a steadfast VPN connection with excellent performance and dependability.

2. It comes with a built-in Malware Checker

The function of the malware-checker is to keep you safe whenever you are visiting websites on the internet. Some sites contain malware, which is dangerous for your devices and might get your personal data. You should invest in a browser that has a reliable and efficient built-in malware checker. It will keep you away from sketchy and malicious websites by giving you warnings whenever you are about to enter that kind of site.

3. It offers numerous extensions

For a browser to be secure, it needs to have plenty of extensions for you to have different options. Meaning, it has to reinforce third-party extensions and there should be a lot of third-party extensions available for your browser. On top of that, you should find privacy and security-related extensions for easy and safe browsing sessions.

4. It comes with an auto-update function

Take note that a browser that lacks auto-update is very dangerous. Failure to update your browser regularly will lead to numerous security problems and faults. Relying on an outmoded browser is also a risky move because it is easy to hack and expose your data. With this, an auto-update function is an essential and consistent requirement for a secure browser.

5. It provides plenty of privacy choices

A safe browser should provide an exhaustive list of privacy options that you can work with. It should give you an entire line of versatile and customizable privacy features. For example, some browsers always track and record the data of the user. The best browser will offer you the option to turn this monitoring feature off if you want to. It should also have some of the basic privacy features, like malware scanning, ad blocking, and incognito mode.

All the secure browsers mentioned in this article are open source and they deliver optimum security and safety that’s more reliable than Safari, Chrome, or Internet Explorer.

Read the full article Here
Thanks Mike, very interesting article. I never used any of these browsers

Anyone tried using these browsers?
I am using Brave. It looks pretty good and i like it.
Thumb
(11-10-2019 , 08:19 PM)tarekma7 Wrote: Thanks, Mike, very interesting article. I never used any of these browsers

Did anyone try using these browsers?

I agree with you Tarekma. ... We need to hear from more independent users, like Dinosaur7, who can speak in detail about their experience with these browsers.

I don't know anything about these browsers except that most of them are based on either Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.  I keep reading that Tor has a slower download/upload speed than Chrome or Firefox-based browsers. 

Here is an argument that the Tor browser should not be used with a VPN - LINK.

I am very interested because of the reported big change coming to the Google Chrome browser early next year.  I have struggled most of my adult life to avoid assumptions, but I now discover that I assumed the best form of the Google Chrome browser would always be free and trustworthy to be the safest. 

Herein, I am reminded again that I have a love/hate relationship with corporations and their greedy agendas. ... I can't live (happily) with them and can't live without them.  :@

Does that mean I am kinda married to them?  Tongue 
[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Thank you Mike for the article!

I use Tor. Everything else is on the Chrome engine. It's the same.
I have epic installed still now though do not use it anymore. Must be more than a year since last used. It is very good.
(11-10-2019 , 10:19 PM)dinosaur07 Wrote: I am using Brave. It looks pretty good and i like it. Thumb

Read forum member Herran's new thread about "Brave  Browser"  Here.

And here are three more articles that I have found online from independent sources that recommend "Brave Browser" at the top of a list of others as the safest privacy browser. 

1. https://bestvpncanada.com/secure-browsers/

2. https://privacyblog.com/2019/07/12/the-b...r-privacy/

3. https://www.cloudwards.net/brave-review/

Thanks, dinosaur07, for your informed post. Thumb  

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best web browsers for security and privacy in 2020 Mohammad.Poorya 0 1,507 05-09-2020 , 04:37 AM
Last Post: Mohammad.Poorya
  What Are The 12 Best Browsers For Privacy And Security In 2020? Mike 1 1,472 04-19-2020 , 12:58 PM
Last Post: guardian
  Best browsers for privacy and security in 2020 Sasha 2 2,337 02-06-2020 , 12:46 AM
Last Post: Sasha
  5 Most Secure Browsers Mike 8 4,181 12-28-2018 , 07:15 AM
Last Post: gdant
  With security and privacy in mind, will more browsers follow Opera's lead and offer f baziroll 0 2,136 04-21-2016 , 10:27 PM
Last Post: baziroll