Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
Brave vs. Chrome: Which Browser is Better?
[Image: Brave-Oct-2018.png]

Quote:Speed

Unlike Chrome, Brave blocks ads and trackers by default.
This allows websites on Brave to load noticeably faster than Chrome. Below is a speed test between Brave, Chrome, and Firefox.

Brave tracks the time it saves you, and displays it when you open the browser.

Advantage: Brave

Privacy

Brave blocks ads by default (unlike Chrome, which requires a 3rd-party extension such as AdBlock).
Brave blocks 3rd-party tracking by default.
On Chrome, mega-advertisers like Google and Facebook use 3rd-party cookies to track your browsing on nearly every website.
By blocking 3rd-party cookies, Brave limits the amount of data Facebook, Google, and other ad networks can collect about your browsing habits.
Brave stores all your browsing data locally on your computer, which means you can delete it at any time.
Brave supports Tor browsing, making it the first all-purpose browser to do so.

Security

Brave automatically encrypts your website connection when possible (on Chrome, this only occurs with an extension like HTTPS Everywhere).
Brave now supports all Chrome extensions, including popular password managers like LastPass and 1Password.

More details HERE
I have never herd of this browser. Does any of our forum members use Brave?
I used it a while ago.It ran well for me.
Its working good on my new PC & With Bitdefender Total Security 2019 TOO  Even All The Chrome Adds Work Like Bitdefender Trafficlight Is Working On Brave Browser Search Results  Bitdefender Trafficlight Gives Promo2day a Green Circle With A Checkmark Inside It & Says Safe Page  & Also On The Top Right Corner Sits Bitdefender Trafficlight With The Same Green Circle With A Checkmark Inside It & Says Safe Page  Too just like it does on the search result pages of Brave Browser I Scanned Brave Browser To With Bitdefender Total Security 2019 & It Found No Malware Traces Of Any Kind Or Said Anything Bad About It Its Digitally Signed Too Browser Just Like Other Browsers Like Google Chrome, Firefox, Etc.   Brave Browser Is Digitally Signed As ( Brave Software, Inc. ) Digital Signature Information. Signer information  ( COMODO SHA-1 Time Stamping Signer )
Brave is based from chrome Heart ;)
I too haven't tried Brave yet. Does all the Chrome extensions work well on Brave? Any Brave users can share their experience of Brave and its extensions support?
(04-07-2019 , 07:15 PM)saman Wrote: I too haven't tried Brave yet. Does all the Chrome extensions work well on Brave? Any Brave users can share their experience of Brave and its extensions support?

i dont tested it but should work
plus brave is related with crypto currency so you can earn money with watching ads i think
(04-07-2019 , 07:26 PM)baziroll Wrote: i dont tested it but should work
plus brave is related with crypto currency so you can earn money with watching ads i think

Do you mean they show ads in the browser? It's ironic.. a browser with in-built ads protection itself serves ads.
(04-07-2019 , 08:05 PM)saman Wrote:
(04-07-2019 , 07:26 PM)baziroll Wrote: i dont tested it but should work

Do you mean they show ads in the browser? It's ironic.. a browser with in-built ads protection itself serves ads.

Quote:Do I have to pay Brave to go ad-free?
No, Brave will always be free to use — you don’t need to pay to block ads and tracking.
We encourage you to support your favorite publishers with Brave Rewards, or get compensated for paying attention to Brave Ads, but these features are both completely voluntary. You can use one, the other, both, or neither.

Quote:What does it mean that a user can opt into receiving ads?
Brave blocks ads and trackers by default. We will soon release the ability for users to opt into receiving some ads. We will offer this option as another way — beyond Brave Payments — that users can support publishers.
When they do appear, there will be fewer but higher quality ads. Rest assured, that even if you opt into receiving these ads, trackers will still be blocked and your privacy will still be protected. We will provide more detail around this feature when it is ready.

https://brave.com/faq
https://basicattentiontoken.org/
This browser is looks very interesting. This browser based on chrome's engine and focused on privacy and support chrome addon. I will give it a try

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which browser is best? Comparing Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Edge, and Tor sidemoon 2 5,594 01-31-2021 , 05:48 AM
Last Post: Tmati
  Chrome,Edge,Safari or Firefox:Which browser won't crash your computer when working... sidemoon 0 3,074 04-14-2020 , 08:19 PM
Last Post: sidemoon