Poll: Open vs. Closed Forum
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Open
39.13%
9 39.13%
Closed
43.48%
10 43.48%
Not Sure
17.39%
4 17.39%
Total 23 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
Discussion / Open vs. Closed Forum
(01-02-2019 , 09:18 AM)NiklasvT Wrote: Hm. I should have at least 2 posts to see the content of a thread. But how can I post something that makes sense without seeing what the others wrote?

I'm not sure what you mean by 2 posts to see content.
I would like to have more members post their opinion and vote on the poll.
(12-30-2018 , 02:52 PM)Bjyda Wrote: CLOSED because it will be more motivation to set up an account and if everything will be visible without logging in, logging will lose meaning

I agree
(12-30-2018 , 03:32 PM)yashkhan Wrote: You check any forum, hundreds of "Guest" browsing the forum. Guests are the potential members, and should be allowed to view the forums or contents, with the restrictions in place.

Guests should be allowed to view the forums, contents, giveaways, etc. They shouldn't be allowed to view the users profile, and other private or privacy related stuff.

Agree.

I'm probably less concerned about privacy than others since I don't use so-called "social" networks.
As for links, most of them can still be found on other sites, so I don't see any real need to hide them.

I have voted "Open" too, since it is in the interest of the site.
open

sometimes at work i want to look something up but i can not remember my password. with an open forum i could look up anything i like. for posting or answering a post you should be a registered member.

also guest will see anything and maybe the think about joining. 

think about software. if i am interested in a software, i get a full functional demo for 14/30 days. after that i decide. if i get a crippled software i cannot judge the potential impact this software will have on my workflow and tend to not buy it because i cannot be sure of its features.
(12-30-2018 , 03:32 PM)yashkhan Wrote: I have voted "Open".

You check any forum, hundreds of "Guest" browsing the forum. Guests are the potential members, and should be allowed to view the forums or contents, with the restrictions in place.

Guests should be allowed to view the forums, contents, giveaways, etc. They shouldn't be allowed to view the users profile, and other private or privacy related stuff.

Guests try to view or access the not allowed stuff, it should take them to the registration page.

I think, you should allot a good space, on the Homepage, below the Trending bar, and have "Welcome to the Promo2day Community", a little info about the community, and a "Sign up" tab, for the unregistered users.

I agree with yashkhan on open, but not allowed to view user's profile, or any privacy-related member's stuff. 
Also, not allowed in contests or able to post without membership.

...Mike, if you can protect the member's personal info, and continue to create an incentive to become a forum member if they want to post, join a contest, or become actively involved in the forum in any way,

Then, by all means, OPEN up this forum get all the benefits you mentioned in your first post.

Thank you for allowing the membership to weigh in on this and other decisions. Smile
Voted Open  Big Grin

(12-30-2018 , 03:32 PM)yashkhan Wrote: Guests should be allowed to view the forums, contents, giveaways, etc. They shouldn't be allowed to view the users profile, and other private or privacy related stuff.

Guests try to view or access the not allowed stuff, it should take them to the registration page.

I agree with above

(12-30-2018 , 04:37 PM)Mohammad.poorya Wrote: If time is set to view the links
For example, 1 hour to visit the site
after end time
Register or Login to view.

I have come across forums where they limit post/page viewing to 5 per day. Post that either wait or register.
Photo 
(01-02-2019 , 09:18 AM)NiklasvT Wrote: Hm. I should have at least 2 posts to see the content of a thread. But how can I post something that makes sense without seeing what the others wrote?

This has been changed.
We have deactivated the registered links plugin so our guests can now view links. Our guests will still get the following popup on items only available to forum members.

[Image: vE2Ff78.png]

Logging in will let you reply to posts, start threads, enter giveaways, send private messages, emails and use the chatbox. Guests will not have any of these options.
(12-30-2018 , 01:59 PM)dinosaur07 Wrote: Closed. I prefer privacy as being the ultimate right on a wild online life. 

Thumb

Closed. Agreed  Smile Thumb