Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
jv16 PowerTools Major Update Released - Version 4.2.0.1774
Quote:An updated version of jv16 PowerTools has been released. The latest version number is 4.2.0.1774.

The latest version can be downloaded here: 

https://www.macecraft.com/download/

For the most common questions about a new version release and their answers, see: https://www.macecraft.com/jv16-powertool...-2-0-1774/

Change Log – What’s New

(compared to jv16 PowerTools build 4.1.0.1758)

Here is a complete list of bug fixes and improvements that we did since jv16 PowerTools – Version 4.1.0.1758 was last released on Tuesday, August 22, 2017:

Bug Fixes

Fix: Improved compatibility of the Clean and SpeedUp My Computer with Windows 10.
Fix: Improved compatibility of the Software Uninstaller with popular Microsoft products such as Office and OneDrive.
Fix: Find My Licenses tool can display no licenses, even if user has valid licenses.
Fix: The “Restart computer after done” option does not always work with Clean and SpeedUp My Computer.
Fix: Improved compatibility with Windows 10. In the most aggressive mode, Clean and SpeedUp My Computer can list items relating to Windows 10 that may not be safe to delete.
Fix: Improved compatibility with Google Chrome browser.
Fix: Fixed a typo from the message which is shown if user decides to uninstall jv16 PowerTools.
Fix: The Software Uninstaller does not correctly list some common software, such as Notepad++.
Fix: The Software Uninstaller could list Microsoft Office as an installed software, but still didn’t install its components such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, Access etc.
Fix: Although “Open jv16 Power Tools to the Main Tools view …” is NOT checked, the program always opens to the Main Tools view anyway.
Fix: The Software Uninstaller can show unneeded data within the Version column.
Fix: Improved compatibility with Apple Bonjour.
Fix: Fixed a case of bad grammar from the License Agreement.

Feature Improvements

Improvement: Greatly improved the overall accuracy of the Clean and SpeedUp My Computer.
Improvement: Greatly improved the overall accuracy of the Software Uninstaller.
Improvement: Completely rewritten Left-Over Software detection engine now better detects which software is a left-over trace and which are correctly installed.
Improvement: Improved the accuracy of registry errors grouped together in the Clean and SpeedUp My Computer.
Improvement: In the case you attempt to open the program’s Handbook but it does not exist, the software can automatically open it online for you.
Improvement: The Software Uninstaller can now better detect software under the shared software directories.
Improvement: Improved the speed and stability of the Initial Setup.

SOURCE
Thumb
jv16 PowerTools Update Released – Version 4.2.0.1942

https://www.macecraft.com/download/

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  jv16 PowerTools 8.0.0.1556 New Released mrtrout 0 521 03-31-2023 , 02:52 AM
Last Post: mrtrout
  Windows 10 Version 21H2 / 22H2 Update Pack (Cumulative Update) tarekma7 0 501 01-12-2023 , 06:40 PM
Last Post: tarekma7
  WinFuture Windows 8.1 Update Pack (Full Version) - 64-bit tarekma7 0 481 01-12-2023 , 06:34 PM
Last Post: tarekma7
  jv16 PowerTools Mike 17 5,936 11-01-2022 , 11:41 AM
Last Post: Mike
  Major New Version: jv16 PowerTools 7.5 (build 1463) released! mrtrout 0 1,189 07-21-2022 , 08:47 PM
Last Post: mrtrout