Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
Malwarebytes Update Released to Fix High CPU & Memory Usage in Mbamservice.exe
Quote:An update pushed by Malwarebytes today for their Malwarebytes Anti-Malware product has caused a lot of problems for those who use their program. This new protection update caused mbamservice.exe to consume a lot of memory and upwards to 90% of the computer's CPU. A new update has been pushed that resolves these issues.

Mbamservice.exe Using a lot of CPU
Numerous people have been complaining today about mbamservice.exe consuming large amount of memory and spiking the CPU at over 90% usage. This has caused some computers to crash or become too unstable to use.
In a post to their forums, Malwarebytes CEO Marcin Kleczynski explained that a bad protection update caused these problems and that a new update had just been released that fixes these problems.

Information about New Malwarebytes Update that Resolves Problems
To resolve these issues simply start MBAM and check for new updates. The program will automatically download the new update and install it. If your computer is unresponsive, you can either terminate the mbamservice.exe process in task manager and restart Malwarebytes in order to try and download the new update. As a last resort, you can uninstall MBAM and reinstall it.

Source: BleepingComputer
thanks for the news.

I still believe that MBAM v1.7 is the best. V2, V3 keep adding more issues in some or the other form Tongue
(01-27-2018 , 09:24 PM)grr Wrote: thanks for the news.

I still believe that MBAM v1.7 is the best. V2, V3 keep adding more issues in some or the other form Tongue

Yes, you're right. The version 3 is still buggy and slowly
That's to bad because this is a nice program.My version is 3.0.6.1469
(01-27-2018 , 10:10 PM)clyde Wrote: That's to bad because this is a nice program.My version is 3.0.6.1469

Yes, I use it for many years now, but I have more issues with version 3.X than the previous ones.

grr,
You still receive daily definition updates with the version 1.75?
(01-28-2018 , 02:16 AM)dinosaur07 Wrote:

grr,
You still receive daily definition updates with the version 1.75?

yes.  Big Grin