Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
What antimalware software(s) do you trust and use?
What antimalware software(s) do you trust and use?

Over the years, I have had much trouble from malware infections, until 2 years ago when I started using a combination of 3 anti-malwares:

1. Emsisoft antimalware
2. Zamana anti-logger
3. VoodooShield 

I was using Comodo firewall but had a lot of trouble with periodic updates from them.

I ask this question of members and visitors to this great forum because I read and hear news almost daily of new malware threats being introduced by malicious "bad actors." I am simply trying to stay current, if not ahead of, these malware and other invasive threats that can suddenly damage my computer operating system.

So, I ask for your ideas about how we can better protect ourselves based on your experience and quality information you are finding.

Thank you, friends and fellow forum members. Smile
emsisoft, kaspersky, vodooshield and eset are good options one can consider.
You have used Comodo.. I take it, you know how to use Comodo effectively.
What was the problem with Comodo Firewall?

If you can continue with Comodo Firewall, I would suggest to use it.. it covers everything and no need additional software, can do without Anti-Vrus too, just set it to "cruelsister" settings.. THE suggestion is on the basis, you know how to work with Comodo effectively. IF you don't know to work with Comodo then better use other software. And guess you know "cruelsister".

Kaspersky is the paid software I would recommend. It is one of those few software that have multi-protection mechanism and all the modules are equally effective. Its default settings are effective, just enable "PUP" protection under Settings - Additional - Threats and Exclusions - "Detect other software that can be used by criminals ......" and newly introduced "PUP" protection under Settings - Protection - Web Anti-Virus - Advanced Settings - "Check if the website can be used by the criminals ......".

Emsisoft is another good software. Its an effective product, Behavior Blocker can be little issue for average or novice users as it does sometimes block safe programs or files.

Avast is a good free choice. Ads are the probs but you can block those in firewall... it doesn't affect protection, only online help file not available.

I use Kaspersky on one system, Windows Defender + VoodooShield on another and CCAV on one.

You are familiar with Comodo. I would suggest to give a try to CCAV i.e Comodo Cloud Antivirus. I have posted a short review here... check the settings mentioned in the review and apply those and try for few days and see if you like CCAV.
I have used NIS, kAV, Emisoft, Zamana, Malwarebytes.
I trust Kaspersky Internet Security very much.
I personally use ESET and Emsisoft.
I tested many security suit just for know the deffrince between it.

I stick with Kaspersky I S, and add AppGuard.
Hitman Pro.Alert and MBAM
MBAM and (at the moment) 360 Total Security + a scan from time to time with others.
i like kaspersky, bitdefender, emsisoft
I currently have  trend micro
and I think it's a very good antivirus.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What file encryption software do you trust and use? divinenews 3 4,027 02-05-2018 , 11:29 AM
Last Post: Mike4892