Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
A question about AliExpress
Information 
Hey guys,

I'm sure you may have heard of AliExpress. Is it a reliable place to buy chargers? The reason I'm asking is, because Samsung seems to have stopped selling their Wireless pads here. And the ones I can find on Amazon India are overpriced.

I'm looking for a wireless charger for my Samsung Galaxy S7. Another thing is, the chargers of the same brand cost more than twice the price, in India.

Example:

CHOETECH Wireless Charger Type C QI Wireless Charging Pad (costs $12.84 on AE)

On Amazon India, it costs Rs. 2000 (that's $31).

CHOETECH 10W 2 Coils Wireless Charger stand costs $21.69 on AE, on Amazon India it costs $77 (different model perhaps)

The chargers are highly rated on Amazon.com (US)

Should I order them from AliExpress? Some people are telling me it is risky. Confused
You can order from AliExpress but eventually lower cost comes at some disadvantages. It will take more than 30 days to reach India and sometimes package get damaged in transit which sometimes is non-returnable.
I ordered some electronics for my hobby.projects and it was broken in transit and seller refused to refund.
But one of my friend ordered MI Pad2 and got tablet delivered perfectly.
Sonit depends, mostly you will get your product but some misfortune can make it worse.

If the cost difference is too much then I suggest to order from AliExpress  ;)
Gdant, thank you for the detailed response. Smile

Yeah the cost difference factor is the primary reason, also the lack of availability of decent wireless chargers here.
Then in my opinion give it a try. Before ordering, just check the seller feedback rating. You can order 2 or 3 chargers in a price of one   Big Grin 
Also, you should checkout chargers on Paytm too as it has some international products backed by chinese retailers mostly. I have never searched for it  Tongue
(12-10-2017 , 03:29 PM)gdant Wrote: Then in my opinion give it a try. Before ordering, just check the seller feedback rating. You can order 2 or 3 chargers in a price of one   Big Grin 
Also, you should checkout chargers on Paytm too as it has some international products backed by chinese retailers mostly. I have never searched for it  Tongue

AE has invested in PayTM, so that would make sense. But I think I'm gonna with AE because of the brands. The chargers on AliExpress, are sold by Choetech themselves. I have sent them an email, because they have a store on their website too. Let's see. Confusedhy:
I emailed Choetech, and confirmed that it is their official store on AliExpress. Also, fellow promo2day user, amazingAG, who is a long term friend of mine texted me on WhatsApp, about his positive experience with AliExpress. So, I ordered the charger.

[Image: 0DLAvCzl.jpg]

Thanks for the help gdant. Will update you once I receive it.
(12-11-2017 , 04:41 PM)batman Wrote: So, I ordered the charger.

Congratulations bro  Smile
Always happy to help  Smile
Well, I got the package today and everything seems good. Took 16 days to get here from Singapore. Guess there was a bit of delay due to the Christmas holidays.

BTW this $22 charger, now sells for about $77 in India. Wow, I saved 55 bucks. Amazing.

Thanks again Gdant for making me go for AliExpress instead. And as promised, here are some photos of the charger.,

Box package:

[Image: 27glbsy.jpg]

Contents:

[Image: qSMIymd.jpg]

Wireless Stand and Cable

[Image: 5RaDZME.jpg]

Connected to my S7 charging cable

[Image: 6WaCC3E.jpg]

LED strip lights up to indicate the status

[Image: GUeOzdb.jpg]

Fast Charging Wirelessly - Samsung Galaxy S7

[Image: qNzpVfu.jpg]

The charger works fine even with a case on. I'm using the Spigen Armor TPU case, and despite disabling fast wireless charging, the charger still manages to work quickly.

From 71% to 98% in about an hour. 100% (29% in about 76 minutes). Pretty good for a wireless charger on non fast-charging mode.

On fast-charging it should charge at half the time or less, I guess.

I'll be testing it for 1 or 2 days, before leaving a review on AliExpress
Glad to hear that your charger works perfectly. Better wait longer and see how it goes on.
Thanks gdant also for the help !
Thanks for the update on your shopping experience along with pictures of the product.