Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
Malware found in ccleaner
(09-18-2017 , 10:45 PM)tarekma7 Wrote: I am trying to remember why I didnot update my version

I have two apps that I download updates immediately after being available with no hesitation

I have an advice from dinosaur to wait for the update and not installing any update immediately

I just forget to update......= LUCK + Dinosaur07

Think again when using mass software, they are targeted by hackers as this kind of software is downloaded by millions of users, this is one of the reasons i just never use any free software or i use it with caution (for instance Aimp which was not updated on my pc from at least 3-4 months and is monitored by me). Under no circumstance i will never use any free AVs.
Smile
Security Notification from piriform 
Yes, News channels
Nocomment
(09-18-2017 , 11:12 PM)scolli23 Wrote: Nocomment

We will never know the answer but my guess would be that it would not have happened.
i was in 5.32.61.29 so should be safe.thats why i dont like online activation system on first place they can catch anything
tester should also test some old version

its job of insider most likely Tongue
Big thanks to daljeet and other posters.

Last night I got a notice from MBAM about a ccleaner.exe containing a "trojan"  WTF?  Updated it and notification went away

What wasn't clear is that only the 32-bit version was compromised 

AND the compromise results in the creation of Windows registry key HKLM\SOFTWARE\Piriform\Agomo

Apparently I lucked out since I run the 64-bit Pro version... but I wonder...?

Further info: BleepingComputer.com article
Just saw it in their headlines.
I had the good fortune of not updating it, such small software should not come encapsulated in an installer.
in my concept, it doesn't need dependent of services, libraries, nor configuration nor installation registrys keys.
because the ccleaner.exe creates config.ini when opened. The last time Ive a update was in a year ago, it is in a portabilized disk.
neither windows cleaner shouldn't to force the installation of these extra things, and elevate itself. Now I know about of the supposed slim version of ccleaner, that they saying without errors or ads. but I'm afraid that its installer will come dirty too.
last time i used comodo internet security comodo allways had piriform on there trusted vendors list i checked & they removed it from that list they blacklisted it now i downloaded ccleaner try to run it & for the first time ever i got a warning from comodo about ccleaner wow could not believe it because of the whole ccleaner hack thing