Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
Microsoft Releases a Mac App That Its Apple Users Are Going to Love
http://news.softpedia.com/news/microsoft...7654.shtml     Microsoft Releases a Mac App That Its Apple Users Are Going to Love
My Workspace is now up for grabs from Microsoft Garage
Sep 8, 2017 06:30 GMT  ·  By Bogdan Popa ·  Share:      
Microsoft’s Garage division has always created awesome new projects for non-Windows platforms, like Android and iOS, and here it comes with a new application that’s now specifically aimed at Apple’s macOS.

Called My Workspace, the app is essentially a menu bar utility that provides instant access to Office 365 files and tools, which Microsoft says should enhance “productivity” in a substantial manner. Just like the title suggests, the app is specifically aimed at Microsoft users, and an Office 365 account is required to be able to log in.

Basically, what My Workspace does is reside in the macOS menu bar and with a single click, provide a quick glance at the calendar (with displayed information including calendars and invites), as well as shortcuts to the recent documents created with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.

Quick access to OneDrive files
Icons that are placed at the bottom of the menu bar flyout also offer instant access to Office 365 tools, including to Outlook should you want to send a new mail faster. My Workspace also includes quick links for Skype that are attached to meetings, so in case you have a board or team meeting, you can quickly launch the VoIP app and join a call straight from the menu bar.

Another feature that comes in very handy is quick access to files stored in the cloud, and you can instantly open OneDrive to share a specific item with one of your contacts.

My Workspace is the very first Mac application created by Microsoft Garage and if everything works well, more could come, though until now, the focus has been mostly on mobile applications.

If you want to give the new app a try, you can download Microsoft My Workspace for macOS right away. The application is completely free, but keep in mind that an Office 365 account is required to be able to enjoy all the features.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Microsoft Teams Has 75 Million Active Users Daily & Zoom Continues to Confuse Numbers sidemoon 0 1,592 05-02-2020 , 02:10 PM
Last Post: sidemoon
  Apple Beats Microsoft in Best Global Brands Top mrtrout 0 1,961 10-06-2018 , 03:20 AM
Last Post: mrtrout
  Microsoft Overtakes Google in Market Value, Next Target Now Apple mrtrout 0 2,159 05-30-2018 , 02:22 PM
  Microsoft: Apple Is No Longer an Enemy mrtrout 0 1,510 04-26-2018 , 06:27 PM
  Microsoft Releases Windows 10 Cumulative Update KB4093105 tarekma7 0 1,351 04-24-2018 , 05:54 PM
Last Post: tarekma7