Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
Magix Sound Forge Audio Studio 10 for free
I couldn't install it on mine (see above) using either the trial exe or Baziroll's exe link. I always got a screen message 'Sound Forge cannot be started / unexpected error' when I tried to register it. I tried lots of things including a new Net Framework installation and uninstalling SF thoroughly. My friend used my serial and installed his in moments. I can only assume in my case it's because I used to have Music Maker and Fastcut and that interfered with things.
(09-04-2017 , 08:53 AM)Rob Wrote: I couldn't install it on mine (see above) using either the trial exe or Baziroll's exe link. I always got a screen message 'Sound Forge cannot be started / unexpected error' when I tried to register it. I tried lots of things including a new Net Framework installation and uninstalling SF thoroughly. My friend used my serial and installed his in moments. I can only assume in my case it's because I used to have Music Maker and Fastcut and that interfered with things.

Having tried lots including a thorough uninstall and reinstall and even uninstalling and reinstalling in Safe Mode, can't get anywhere. Keep getting this message and then it closes: 
An error occurred starting Sound Forge Audio Studio.
An unexpected error has occurred.
(09-08-2017 , 04:38 PM)Rob Wrote:
(09-04-2017 , 08:53 AM)Rob Wrote: I couldn't install it on mine (see above) using either the trial exe or Baziroll's exe link. I always got a screen message 'Sound Forge cannot be started / unexpected error' when I tried to register it. I tried lots of things including a new Net Framework installation and uninstalling SF thoroughly. My friend used my serial and installed his in moments. I can only assume in my case it's because I used to have Music Maker and Fastcut and that interfered with things.

Having tried lots including a thorough uninstall and reinstall and even uninstalling and reinstalling in Safe Mode, can't get anywhere. Keep getting this message and then it closes: 
    :( :( :( :huh: :huh: :huh: Eek Eek Eek

run as admin
or fully disable UAC
then register
work fine here
or maybe have conflict with other program
(09-08-2017 , 05:21 PM)baziroll Wrote:

run as admin
or fully disable UAC
then register
work fine here

All sensible suggestions, thank you, but I tried them all except the program conflict because I don't know how to find out which one is conflicting. I don't see any log that would show me. I have been able to install it and run it on another machine (a laptop) and all's okay, but it won't run on this machine at all. Installation - no obvious problem. Running - it gives me that message. I used to have Magix Music Studio, Fastcut until my licence expired and a photo editor from Magix - I suppose something in the registry is interfering. I am not competent to check the registry but I'll have a go after making a backup.
(09-09-2017 , 02:15 PM)Rob Wrote:
(09-08-2017 , 05:21 PM)baziroll Wrote:

run as admin
or fully disable UAC
then register
work fine here

All sensible suggestions, thank you, but I tried them all except the program conflict because I don't know how to find out which one is conflicting. I don't see any log that would show me. I have been able to install it and run it on another machine (a laptop) and all's okay, but it won't run on this machine at all. Installation - no obvious problem. Running - it gives me that message. I used to have Magix Music Studio, Fastcut until my licence expired and a photo editor from Magix - I suppose something in the registry is interfering. I am not competent to check the registry but I'll have a go after making a backup.
http://forum-archive.magix.info/showmess...eid=949125
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insi...132?auth=1

or ask in their forum maybe you got your help
hope you find way to solve it
Heart

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Giveaway Lifeline Console Lite audio plugin for free [PC,Mac,VST,AU,AAX] ahmed 1 800 12-28-2023 , 09:56 AM
Last Post: ahmed
  Magix Music Maker is now for free AAU 19 7,050 12-13-2023 , 08:05 PM
  Giveaway DRmare Audio Capture Free Giveaway tarekma7 8 1,632 08-12-2023 , 04:22 PM
Last Post: tarekma7
  Giveaway CoreFX VolumeFormer for free @Magix ahmed 4 1,371 05-31-2023 , 07:57 AM
  Giveaway Punish Lite audio plugin for free [PC,Mac,VST,AU,AAX] tarekma7 0 397 12-26-2022 , 10:00 AM
Last Post: tarekma7