Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
Heimdal Security Review
Nice review and image with instructions. 

Quote:Malware Engine – Well, I ran 7 day old, “Cerner ransomware” and my system got infected. Couple of old malwares got blocked successfully. But, IMO malware scanner still need to improve.
-- is it Cerner or Cerber ransomware? 

How you decrypt files infected? 

Officemate had Cerber infection we long problem with it because there is "no free Cerber decryptor available". Only paid services.  

Our IT recommend Checkpoint Decrypter (ZoneAlarm) before but in new variant it failed too. 

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/se...ansomware/

What happen your infection?
(04-01-2017 , 07:59 PM)jAcos Wrote: Nice review and image with instructions. 

Quote:Malware Engine – Well, I ran 7 day old, “Cerner ransomware” and my system got infected. Couple of old malwares got blocked successfully. But, IMO malware scanner still need to improve.
-- is it Cerner or Cerber ransomware? 

How you decrypt files infected? 

Officemate had Cerber infection we long problem with it because there is "no free Cerber decryptor available". Only paid services.  

Our IT recommend Checkpoint Decrypter (ZoneAlarm) before but in new variant it failed too. 

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/se...ansomware/

What happen your infection?
yes, it is typo error ('n' and 'b' are neighbours on keyboard Big Grin ) .. correct name is Cerber ransomware. 
I tested Heimdal Pro in virtual environment and that too under shadow defender so not my original OS got affected in any way. For much sophisticated ransomwares, it take hefty amount of time and money to do reverse engineering and find the decryption method, so that's why to make profit and reduce cost incurred, they charge some amount to restore back files (anyways this amount is still less than what we need to pay as ransom).
You can try TrendMicro cerber ransomware fix tool if it helps. That's why, always have an antivirus (at least any free version) on your system Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ESET Smart Security Review tarekma7 15 8,135 02-11-2016 , 02:09 PM
Last Post: beetal2016