Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
Quotations.
"I truly loved my wife, but she kept insisting on us getting marriage counseling. ...That's where I realized I loved myself more."  - Jack Benny
"We are all broken, that's how the light gets in." — Ernest Hemingway
"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month."   - Theodore Roosevelt
"My philosophy professor asked me, "Would you kill a child if necessary to save the world?" ...I told him I would kill him if he ever put that question in my head again."  -  Johnathan Winters
"There is nothing permanent except change."  - Heraclitus  
"Einstein said, "Everything is relative." ...Freud said, "Everything is about your relatives." - Ricky Gallaher 
"I never wore a bra until my wife found one in my truck's glove box."  - Unknown comedian Confused (...cautionary wisdom hidden in humor.)
"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of minds to think"?  - Albert Einstein

The actual quote is:
“It is not so very important for a person to learn facts. For that, he does not really need a college. He can learn them from books.  The value of an education in a liberal arts college is not the learning of many facts, but the training of the mind to think something that cannot be learned from textbooks.”
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." - Oscar Wilde
"To love and to work."   - Sigmund Freud's pronouncement on what a psychologically healthy person should be able to do.