Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
Tim Cook Says He Doesn’t Expect to Be Apple’s CEO Anymore in 10 Years
https://news.softpedia.com/news/tim-cook...2599.shtml          Tim Cook Says He Doesn’t Expect to Be Apple’s CEO Anymore in 10 Years
He offered no clue regarding his potential successor
Apr 5, 2021 18:33 GMT  ·  By Bogdan Popa  ·    Apple’s CEO Tim Cook shared a few more details about his future at the helm of the world’s most valuable company in an interview with Kara Swisher, revealing that he doesn’t expect to still be at the helm of the firm in 10 years.

In other words, Tim Cook believes he would continue to be Apple’s CEO for just a few more years, after which someone is going to take over his role.

As to who can do this, Cook hasn’t dropped any hint, not necessarily because he has no name in mind, but mostly because any details about a potential transition are likely considered top-secret right now at the Cupertino-based tech giant.

“Ten more years? Probably not. But I can tell you that I feel great right now and the date is not in sight. But ten more years is a long time — and probably not ten more years,” Cook answered when asked whether he would spend one more decade at the helm of Apple.

Big projects on the radar
When speaking about his next destination, Cook once again side-stepped the question.

“I don’t have a clue because I love this company so much, that it is hard to imagine my life without it. And so I don’t think I will know that until after I’m not here. Because I think I will run so fast that I’ll never really think about it until I’m not running anymore. Does that make any sense?” he said.

Meanwhile, Cook is leading Apple at a time when the company is trying to expand beyond the tech world, as the Cupertino-based firm is believed to be working on an electric car.

Currently referred to as the Apple Car and internally codenamed Protect Titan, the EV could see the daylight in 2024 or 2025 at the earliest, so it could be Cook’s latest big project as the CEO of Apple.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Microsoft Office future doesn't look bright. scot 0 2,349 02-27-2017 , 08:53 AM
Last Post: scot