Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
Users with multiple accounts
Multiple account abuse: It has been brought to my attention we have a few forum members using multiple accounts in order to have a greater chance to win on our giveaways. This is not fair to all the other members of the forum and considered cheating. Creating multiple accounts will not be tolerated here on Promo2day so if you are currently a member with more than one account I suggest you contact me now and I will delete them with no questions asked. If you decide to keep them and caught at a later date you will be banned and your accounts will be deleted.

Mike

Track Ip address? :idea:
(02-27-2016 , 03:00 AM)scolli23 Wrote: Track Ip address? :idea:

I have but not always accurate as many users use vpn. We now have other options to use once the plugin is installed.
Nothing beats double entering contests and half the time not even needing the software :(
When we found some accounts had the same IP then someone must say that he/she used VPN. But is it true?

I don't think it is the truth. If there are so many accounts with the same IP then it is absolutely abnormal!
(02-27-2016 , 01:43 AM)Mike Wrote: Multiple account abuse: It has been brought to my attention we have a few forum members using multiple accounts in order to have a greater chance to win on our giveaways. This is not fair to all the other members of the forum and considered cheating. Creating multiple accounts will not be tolerated here on Promo2day so if you are currently a member with more than one account I suggest you contact me now and I will delete them with no questions asked. If you decide to keep them and caught at a later date you will be banned and your accounts will be deleted.

Mike

A wise and fair decision!
That is absolutely kind on the part of Mike, to give all the members who are holding multiple account one more chance to come clean.
Hey mike giving them a chance is good enough but after that whoever you find with multiple accounts do publish their details so other members know about them as these crooks might be doing same in other giveaway sites too :dodgy: .
Good and wise decision. No abuse should be tolerated, Mike, as i told you earlier when we talked about fake keys. If we tolerate one we tolerate all in the end. It is good you gave them a second chance, i wouldn't as they messed up the whole randomization process. One user could determine other completely different names to be randomised and affect the selection of winners. But, as being part of a community we should respect the decision made, so the cheater must be careful, one more mistake and the both users deleted.  :exclamation:
We can add a new rule in the contests: using VPN services or proxies are not allowed.
Are you able to recognize VPN and proxies connections?