Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
Update NEW Rules in Contest Section: Read to avoid disqualification
Well, thanks for clarifying the rules, Tarek! First of all I state that I completely trust the giveaway organizers here and I'm always grateful for all their efforts. Since it's quite a discussion I would just like to add that while using random.org is a good solution, an attached picture of its use does not guarantee it was not manipulated. It can be done even by using a simple application like "Paint". Please, don't get me wrong. In no way I'm saying that someone is manipulating result pictures here. I just want to say that the usage of random.org does not guarantee anything so I don't see the need of such a rule. I find gleam also an excellent giveaway helper. If a giveaway organizer wants to cheat he will always find a way to do it. We just have to trust each other. After all this forum should be and currently is a place where we all can have some fun among friendly fellow members.
@phobic Thanks for your feedback. I also like Gleam contests for many reasons. Just a point; winner selection was not a point in my original post, I just want to remind members (specially new members) about the new rules to join our giveaways
(02-10-2021 , 08:04 AM)phobic Wrote: Well, thanks for clarifying the rules, Tarek! First of all I state that I completely trust the giveaway organizers here and I'm always grateful for all their efforts. Since it's quite a discussion I would just like to add that while using random.org is a good solution, an attached picture of its use does not guarantee it was not manipulated. It can be done even by using a simple application like "Paint". Please, don't get me wrong. In no way I'm saying that someone is manipulating result pictures here. I just want to say that the usage of random.org does not guarantee anything so I don't see the need of such a rule. I find gleam also an excellent giveaway helper. If a giveaway organizer wants to cheat he will always find a way to do it. We just have to trust each other. After all this forum should be and currently is a place where we all can have some fun among friendly fellow members.

Yes, it's really true. This is an experience for me over the years
For All new members:

Our anniversary giveaways will have rules for each giveaway

The rules in this topic will be applicable only if stated or mentioned in the giveaway topic
I registered here ages ago, and don't interact with the forum at all since i just like reading threads that interest me to discover new software's that might be useful, Until recently i took interest at the hard disk sentinel giveaway and posted a entry, and now that the deadline is over i see this disqualification rule thread lol. Man i have two post in total and that's including this message...  Big Grin
(11-06-2023 , 03:44 PM)SX360 Wrote: I registered here ages ago, and don't interact with the forum at all since i just like reading threads that interest me to discover new software's that might be useful, Until recently i took interest at the hard disk sentinel giveaway and posted a entry, and now that the deadline is over i see this disqualification rule thread lol. Man i have two post in total and that's including this message...  Big Grin

You will be qualified
Does that mean I can only enter one giveaway contest and cannot participate in any other contests until the first one is over?
(11-07-2023 , 07:38 AM)zevish Wrote: Does that mean I can only enter one giveaway contest and cannot participate in any other contests until the first one is over?

You can enter any open contest, just to follow the rules and you will be qualified
If you have a comment, reply here . Otherwise, please explain why this emoji
clear, simple rules - all you need is a little willingness to adapt