Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
What you need to know about the parent company of CyberGhost VPN
https://www.cnet.com/news/what-is-kape-t...ghost-vpn/        What is Kape Technologies? What you need to know about the parent company of CyberGhost VPN
Analysis: VPNs should be about enhancing privacy, but CyberGhost's parent company gives us trust issues.
Rae Hodge
Aug. 12, 2020 7:00 a.m. PT          As a virtual private network reviewer, one of the hardest lessons I've learned is that no matter how clean a company's code, how skilled its development team, how many transparency gestures it offers users -- VPNs are still businesses based on asking us to trust what can't be seen. We typically engage a VPN service to better protect our online privacy, while understanding that all of our data -- every click, every site, every background app -- is being funneled to a single company, whose servers most of us will never see with our own eyes.

Because VPNs ask for so much trust, reputation can make or break a service. Similarly, when I'm examining a service's parent company and background, I'm looking for red flags around potential privacy concerns. That's what's got under my skin about CyberGhost when I recently gave it a fresh review.