Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
Vulnerabilities in the Samsung Phones Let Hackers to Launch Remote Attacks
https://cybersecuritynews.com/severe-sec...ng-phones/        Severe Security Vulnerabilities in the Samsung Phones Let Hackers to Launch Remote Attacks
By Balaji N - August 14, 2020      Recently, the security researchers detected a new security vulnerability in the Samsung Phones Find My Mobile app, allow hackers to Perform remote attacks.

This security vulnerability is quite severe as it enables the threat actors to remotely track victims’ in real-time place or location, monitor phone calls, and messages, not only this but it also gets the authorization to delete data that are stored on the phone.

It was detected last week by the security researchers of Char49 in the Samsung Phone. The experts affirmed that those who have a Samsung Galaxy phone or tablet, then they must use the Locate My cellular service as this service grants much-needed reassurance.

The security researchers of Char49 shared all the key details of this vulnerability in the DEF CON conference last week.

Affected product
Package: com.samsung.android.fmm
Application Label: Find My Mobile
Process Name: com.samsung.android.fmm
Version: 6.9.25

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Russian hackers linked to widespread attacks targeting NATO and EU mrtrout 0 960 04-15-2023 , 07:54 PM
Last Post: mrtrout
  Google Uncovers 18 Severe Security Vulnerabilities in Samsung Exynos Chips mrtrout 0 406 03-19-2023 , 06:31 PM
  Top Linux Vulnerabilities Exploited by Hackers mrtrout 0 521 08-27-2021 , 01:12 AM
  Chinese Military Hackers Launch Tripple Cyberattack on Major Telecom Carriers mrtrout 0 607 08-04-2021 , 04:38 AM
  Big jump in RDP attacks as hackers target staff working from home Bjyda 0 1,009 02-08-2021 , 11:49 PM
Last Post: Bjyda