Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
Question on Windows 10 upgrade
Question on Windows 10 upgrade

Might be a very late question here but pardon and here me out :Smile

Still on Windows 7 Ultimate here and currently I do not have any issues whatsoever with it. Smooth as silk Smile
Just wanna ask about the free upgrade offered by Microsoft. I have quoted the text below from the FileCritic ebook(I know I got it from here). 

Quote:Windows 10 will be launched on July 29th, 2015. Microsoft has announced that Windows 10, will be offered as a free upgrade for users with a genuine license of Windows 7, or Windows 8 or Windows 8.1. The free upgrade offer is valid for one year since the launch of Windows 10, which would make it available as a free upgrade until July 28th, 2016

Once Windows 10 has been activated on a PC, it will continue to receive free updates for the lifetime of the device.Microsoft has announced that the activation process also requires users to connect to a validMicrosoft Account on the device. The linking of the Microsoft Account to the PC, is-essential for the validation of Windows 10, in the event of future clean installs.

Windows 10 comes in seven editions, and users with a genuine license of Windows 7, 8 or 8.1, will be able to upgrade to the edition corresponding to the one they own.

Note: Windows 10 is not a free upgrade for Windows XP users.

Now just a couple of questions guys:

1. If I decide to upgrade to Windows 10 (so I have Win 7 Ultimate so I'll get Windows 10Pro right..?), is the update process online..? Or can I upgrade by downloading the latest build and install-over my existing Win 7 Ultimate setup...?

What may be the better thing here..? My internet is currently shit so I guess the online method is not an option. What can you advice me on this please..?

How is the whole upgrade process..?

Can I do a clean-install of Win 10 and then use my Win 7 Ultimate license...?

Is a clean install possible here..?

2. Assuming that I have upgraded to Windows 10 Pro without any issues but I want to downgrade because of some issue I encounter. What is the best approach to do..? What happens to the license..?  Can I back-up that license and use it again?

How maybe will the activation process be..?

3. If in the future I decide again to go with Windows 10 Pro(after say a couple of months after the downgrade and after the July 28th, 2016 deadline), will I be able to go back to Windows 10 Pro..?

So I'll leave it at that first and wait for your replies. 

Thanks Smile
1. If I decide to upgrade to Windows 10 (so I have Win 7 Ultimate so I'll get Windows 10Pro right..?), is the update process online..? Or can I upgrade by downloading the latest build and install-over my existing Win 7 Ultimate setup...?

You must upgrade online for first time only (all your PC information will be saved in Microsoft server) , After that If you want to make clean install  your new Win. 10 will be activated automatically by internet connection .

What may be the better thing here..? My internet is currently shit so I guess the online method is not an option. What can you advice me on this please..?
:dodgy:

How is the whole upgrade process..?
Very smooth , take about 20 to 30 min. ( keep in mind , Uninstall any Security software before upgrading process ) 

Can I do a clean-install of Win 10 and then use my Win 7 Ultimate license...?
Yes . but after update win.10 to latest update .
http://www.nsaneforums.com/topic/249501-...nt=1055604
Is a clean install possible here..?

My advise for first time only , Upgrade online.

2. Assuming that I have upgraded to Windows 10 Pro without any issues but I want to downgrade because of some issue I encounter. What is the best approach to do..? What happens to the license..?  Can I back-up that license and use it again?
In Win.10 options ( Sitting , Update & Security , Recovery , Go back to Windows ... )
[Image: windows-recovery-settings.png?w=600]
But this option disappear after 30 days .

How maybe will the activation process be..?
Over internet connection .

3. If in the future I decide again to go with Windows 10 Pro(after say a couple of months after the downgrade and after the July 28th, 2016 deadline), will I be able to go back to Windows 10 Pro..?
Yes , by Clean install only , No online upgrade after July 28th 2016 .
Topic moved in the right category
Thanks guys there for the reply. I will keep that in mind. What am worried about is my internet connection well that's one issue that won't go away for awhile. When I have questions I will post again thanks Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Windows 10 Upgrade HELP tarekma7 6 4,892 03-30-2020 , 01:51 PM
Last Post: khanyash
  Question about Windows 10 Recovery Options? tarekma7 12 10,437 12-30-2019 , 02:44 PM
Last Post: berryjohnson
  Question about original laptop software? tarekma7 13 8,336 05-16-2019 , 08:45 PM
Last Post: grr
  Win 10 question? clyde 4 4,452 12-15-2018 , 10:32 PM
Last Post: tywyll2017