Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
How to Use Facebook Groups to Grow Your Business and Engage Customers
Quote:As someone who ran an unauthorized 2gether fan site on Geocities for three glorious, hormone-fuelled months in 2001, I know first-hand the joy of bringing the community together online. Or, at the very least, the joy that comes with having upwards of five internet strangers sign our e-guestbook. (Were they all my brother trying to prank me? I don’t want to talk about it!!)

Today, though, with the power of Facebook groups for business, brands have an opportunity to build fan communities in a way that just wasn’t possible back then.

Sure, you might not have a neon pink visitor counter on the page like I did (jealous much?), but you do have access to Facebook’s 2.41 billion active monthly users and the tools there to build a thriving digital clubhouse. Seems like the perfect opportunity to bring people together… and build a great marketing platform while you’re at it.

Since Facebook changed its algorithm back in January 2018, the newsfeed has prioritized “posts that spark conversations and meaningful interactions”— including posts from Facebook Groups for business.

Engagement breeds reach which breeds more engagement… and you want to get engaged, right? (And I don’t mean to a member of 2gether, Chad specifically).

It’s time to get your fan community started. Here’s how to promote your business and reap the benefits of Facebook group marketing.

Table of contents

Facebook page vs. group
Benefits of Facebook groups for business
Facebook group types
How to create a group on Facebook
How to create a group for Facebook business
How to post in a Facebook group
How to use Facebook groups for business
Best practices for Facebook group marketing

What’s the difference between a Facebook page and a Facebook group?

Facebook pages serve the same purpose as your own personal profile: they’re a platform for broadcasting a point of view and creating an authentic, public presence with pictures and posts.

It’s like you’re planting a flag on the internet: We’re here, we sell craft beer (or some other product), get used to it!

Your business’ Facebook page is your official, public-facing Facebook identity. This is a place for business updates and practical information. It’s visible to anyone on the internet via search engines, and only official brand representatives can create one.

With a Facebook page for business, you can collect audience analytics, add a call to action or helpful apps and services. You can also like and comment on posts as a Facebook page, throwing those thumbs-up around on behalf of the business.

Facebook groups, on the other hand, are a place for your fans/customers/readers to come bond around how much they love you. This is a place for discussion, weird memes, rallying around common causes, learning about your product, getting access to exclusive knowledge, or falling in love with someone else who loves a company as much as you do.

You might start the group to encourage chatter, or a superfan might start their own. You can choose for groups to be public, private or secret (how VIP!). Either way, the focus here is on a loyal, authentic online community.

The bottom line? Pages are for broadcasting. Groups are for conversation. And your business should probably have both.

Benefits of Facebook groups for business

It’s a direct line to customers

The people in your Facebook group are likely your most loyal customers or fans. They’re spending their free time thinking and talking about your business on purpose. No one is making them participate (we hope).

You’ve got an opportunity here to tap into some real insights from the people who know your business best. Watch, learn, ask for feedback, and then actually use it.

You’ll build long-lasting relationships with customers

Here’s a hot fact: customers are loyal to companies that treat them well. Inviting fans to be part of a community and engaging with them directly and regularly shows you care, and builds invaluable loyalty and trust.

If you want to take your relationship with your customer to the next level , a Facebook group is a great way to get serious.

You’ll increase your organic reach

Facebook’s algorithm is designed to prioritize content from Facebook groups with high engagement. The more you and your group are posting and interacting, the further your reach in the newsfeed will be. You’ll be a star, baby! A star!

Facebook group types

There are three privacy settings to choose from for Facebook groups for business. Choose wisely. (Or don’t. You can always change it later.)

Continue HERE