Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
Digital censorship around the world: one in six countries shut down their internet...
Quote: The analysis overlooks the main tools used by various governments to employ internet shutdowns as a means to manipulate public opinion. The research was carried out with the help of internet freedom monitor NetBlocks and rights group Access Now.

Last year, internet shutdowns took place in 33 countries and cost the global economy more than $8 billion. A significant number of countries are deliberately filtering keywords, throttling the internet, blocking apps, or even cutting access to the web seeking to control the flow of information about the Coronavirus outbreak.[b][b] [/b][/b] 

READ MORE »
This might be a reason why i cannot contact my friend gdant.
Smile
writer writes his dreams Lmao Duh keep dreaming Lol
This (deliberately filtering keywords, throttling the internet, blocking apps, or even cutting access to the web seeking to control the flow of information about the Coronavirus outbreak) is True for my country, one of the most corrupt countries, India!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Will China Control the Global Internet Via its Digital Silk Road? Imran 0 1,475 02-04-2021 , 08:04 AM
Last Post: Imran
  UCL engineers set new world record internet speed mrtrout 0 2,201 08-22-2020 , 01:12 AM
Last Post: mrtrout
  Twitter turns off SMS-based tweeting in most countries sidemoon 0 1,341 04-30-2020 , 03:24 PM
Last Post: sidemoon
  Internet censorship: What is it, and how does it happen? sidemoon 0 1,334 04-09-2020 , 10:22 PM
Last Post: sidemoon
  The entire world is streaming more than ever - and it’s straining the internet sidemoon 1 1,688 03-28-2020 , 08:18 PM
Last Post: dinosaur07