Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
Windows 10 update could DELETE your files and bricks PCs in fresh blow to Microsoft u
[Image: QRcqBd6.png]

Quote:WINDOWS 10 users have been dealt yet another download blow, with a new Microsoft update capable of deleting user files and bricking your PC.

Windows 10 fans need to be on alert about a recently released update which can cause user files to suddenly get deleted as well as bricking PCs. Windows 10 is the world's most used OS, with latest stats giving the Microsoft software a 51.57 per cent share of the marketplace. However, while Windows 10 is the most popular desktop OS in the world users are no strangers to receiving warnings about downloads from Microsoft.

Just recently Windows 10 users reported that a new update ended up having the knock-on effect of breaking the in-built Windows Defender malware protection.

And now there have been reports of issues with another Windows 10 update, this time the KB4549951 patch that was released on April 14.

The recently released Windows 10 download was meant to introduce a number of security fixes to the Microsoft OS.

But users have since reported some serious issues with the patch, namely files being deleted or moved around as well as the Blue Screen of Death appearing.

The problems with the Windows 10 patch were highlighted in a post by Windows Latest with users posting on the Microsoft Forums about issues they were having.

One posted: "This update is a disaster. It deleted my files, pictures, documents saved in system drive and as well as my apps which I downloaded from Windows Store".

Another wrote: "I guess this latest update happened last night. I switch on this evening and all my personal settings are deleted.

"No bookmarks in Firefox or Chrome. I don’t want Bing or Internet Explorer.

"Wallpaper removed."

One added: "Data lost after upgrading [to] KB4549951. All files in Documents more than 1 week old are deleted without notification or moving to the Recycle Bin.

"No restore available, no help, no live chat, no nothing".

Read full article HERE
The reason I posted this update news is that I read it and searched in my PC and found this update, I hope there will be no problems
(04-26-2020 , 11:51 PM)tarekma7 Wrote: The reason I posted this update news is that I read it and searched in my PC and found this update, I hope there will be no problems

Check your files also. 
Thumb

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Update Microsoft is bringing Linux’s sudo command to Windows 11 Imran 0 931 02-09-2024 , 07:32 AM
Last Post: Imran
  Microsoft PowerToys: Free extensions for Windows tarekma7 0 1,160 03-13-2023 , 11:11 AM
Last Post: tarekma7
  Windows 10 for free: Free update for Windows 7 will still work in 2023 tarekma7 0 1,171 02-18-2023 , 08:33 AM
  Windows 12 could be Microsoft’s big AI update as the company bets big on ChatGPT Imran 0 1,422 01-31-2023 , 02:10 PM
Last Post: Imran
  Better than the Microsoft Store: Ingenious software hub for Windows tarekma7 0 1,357 01-26-2023 , 07:20 PM