Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
Which Uninstaller Software you use (if any), & why?
I use Windows 10 Programs/Features to uninstall software. If an uninstallation failed, the uninstall tool provided by the vendor was always successful.

Recently, a software uninstallation failed. The uninstall tool provided by the vendor didn't help too. I tried over-install of the software and then tried to uninstall with no success.

I tested Revo Uninstaller Pro, Software Organizer Pro, Total Uninstall Pro to remove that software.
I use Eazy Fix - Windows Time Machine. I reverted to the snapshot, that contained the hard-to-remove software, for each test.
Only Total Uninstall Pro successfully removed the software.

I also checked the detected leftovers, files/registry for a few software by the mentioned uninstallers. I find Total Uninstall Pro better.

I uninstalled a few software with Total Uninstall Pro, tried its advanced search for leftovers too, and it did its job well with no false positives or issues on the system.

For most users, I would suggest using the default settings of Total Uninstall Pro. Expert users can create a custom profile or edit a profile for their use.

I use Total Uninstall Pro now to uninstall software. It has a well-organized interface, provides advanced options, and does its job well.
I always create a snapshot with Eazy Fix before uninstalling software to be able to go back in time in case of issues.

For me, Total Uninstall Pro is the best in its category.

Which Uninstaller Software you use (if any), & why?
IObit uninstaller - it seems to be the best (IMO), cleaning all, unlike many many others...
HiBit Uninstaller http://hibitsoft.ir/Uninstaller.html

This free uninstaller seems good, has useful tools & portable version too. I haven't tried it yet.
Thanks for sharing your experience with uninstallers Yash. I myself have always used Revo Uninstaller Pro and never had issues with it so no need to change. What about adding a poll to your thread so others that don't like to comment can vote for their favorite.
hello,

i do not use an uninstaller because i found no product that was really good. the only way an uninstaller would do its job satisfactory was if the uninstaller was started and allowed to log the installation. so if you know in advance, good for you. if you want to get rid of a already installed (nasty) software or game, good luck. you will have to go through the registry and the filesystem by hand to get rid of the rest.
i choose to build a virtual machine for testing new and interesting software. if the sofware is to my liking, i will install it on my real computer. if the software is not worth my time, no problem, i make a rollback. no crap on my real machine.

stay safe
Revo Pro + Total Uninstall under Win 8.1
Revo Pro + Ashampoo uninstaller under Win 7
2 is better than 1 !
Never had an uninstall problem.
Some good uninstallers are:-
1) Revo Uninstaller
2) Advanced Uninstaller
3) Ashampoo Uninstaller
4) Iobit Uninstaller
5) HiBit
6) BC Crap Uninstaller though it may be a little complex for some users
7) Puran Uninstaller
8) Wise Program Uninstaller
Revo Uninstaller Pro
Software Organizer Pro
Unlocker
 Revo Uninstaller
(04-21-2020 , 01:25 PM)Mike Wrote: Thanks for sharing your experience with uninstallers Yash. I myself have always used Revo Uninstaller Pro and never had issues with it so no need to change. What about adding a poll to your thread so others that don't like to comment can vote for their favorite.

Same here. I also suggest to add a Poll to this important post to help users easily select and write comments