Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
Wondershare (RecoverIt) gets the boot from majorgeeks.com
Quote:Why, oh why would anyone buy RecoverIt?

Why would anyone buy RecoverIt? Or DiskDrill? Or Stellar Data Recovery? Because it’s in their face! I think it can only be explained by one thing: effective ‘marketing’. And by that I mean buying your way into places and content people are likely to visit. I think, 9 out of 10 of the positive reviews you see on the web are either paid for, or the reviewer get’s a cut form each copy purchased via his website. The remaining 1 out of 10 is a review done by a person who doesn’t know what he’s talking about.
But never the less, these effectively marketed tools are every where. They’re not hard to find, in fact it will be often the first data recovery tools you will find.

Read it all HERE
Very interesting article!!!
This says all to me from that article:

It’s no secret that I am not a fan of Wondershare’s RecoverIt. I think it’s a very poor, over hyped tool. And yet you see it pop up it’s ugly face everywhere, despite the fact you can get get superior software for less money.

Now, in my opinion there is nothing wrong with affiliation programs. In fact I am affiliated with most vendors of data recovery tools. I am affiliated with ReclaiMe, R-Studio, Easeus, you name it. So the fact I am a ReclaiMe fan has not much to do with me being affiliated to them, but all the more because I have objective reasons to love their product.

Wondershare didn`t pay him. That`s all. Hats-off to MajorGeeks although they are a bit aggresive.
Thumb