Share Post: Reddit Facebook
Daily Technology Talks and Information
Hi

I will discuss short notes, information and technology issues in this topic

I will try to make it as short notes

Feel free to share any kind of information you want and add source if there is

I hope you all find this topic interesting
CCleaner - Piriform Company:

CCleaner was launched in 2004 by founders Guy Saner and Lindsey Whelan. 

Piriform Ltd is a British software company based in London, owned since 2017 by Avast. It has long developed cleaning and optimization software for Microsoft Windows, and later macOS and Android operating systems. It is named after the term for failure, "gone pear-shaped."

Piriform tools include CCleaner, Defraggler, Recuva and Speccy. 

On 22 September 2015, Piriform launched CCleaner Cloud, to maintain computers remotely.

In July 2017 the company was acquired by Avast.

In September 2017, researchers discovered that CCleaner was compromised by hackers who inserted a backdoor into the software, enabling remote access of infected machines

source
How Ashampoo company was started?

Rolf Hilchner, former publisher and man of action with a strong sense of marketing, founds Ashampoo GmbH & Co. KG as a software company in Oldenburg, Germany. 

Beginnings are humble and the original staff fits into just two offices. 

Hilchner notices that many programs are difficult to use and visually unappealing. He opts for a different approach: Programs are to be self-explanatory and lead to desired results quickly. Instead of users having to adapt to software, the software will adapt to them. 

First success comes swiftly: Ashampoo Audio CD MP3 Studio, a program that turns audio CDs into MP3s and creates individual audio CDs, shoots to number one in the software charts at Download.com and world-wide. 

Motivated by this immense success, we keep enhancing the software to support more than 150 different drives and disk-at-once (DAO) recording. Ashampoo.com is now available in German and English.

source

Video : 20th anniversary: Interview with Ashampoo founder Rolf Hilchner

Story of Android Operating System

This operating system was first developed by Android, Inc., a software company located in Silicon Valley before it was acquired by Google in 2005.

[Image: 03wa6ni.jpg]

Andrew E. Rubin is an American computer programmer, engineer, entrepreneur, and venture capitalist. He is the founder and former CEO of venture capital firm Playground Global, as well as the co-founder and former CEO of both Danger Inc. and Android Inc.

Android was created in 2003 by Andy Rubin, who first started developing the OS for digital cameras. Soon, he realized that the market for digital camera operating systems perhaps wasn’t all that big, and Android, Inc. diverted its attention toward smartphones.

While the Android source code is released in an open-source format to help advance open standards across mobile devices, it is still packaged with proprietary software when sold on handset devices.

source 1
source 2
source 3
What is information technology or IT? Definition and examples

Quote:IT or information technology refers to the development, maintenance, and use of computer software, systems, and networks. It includes their use for the processing and distribution of data. Data means information, facts, statistics, etc., gathered together for reference, storage, or analysis.

The word technology on its own refers to the application of scientific knowhow for practical purposes.

SOURCE
What Makes TechSmith Different?

The flagship products Snagit and Camtasia are easy for anyone to learn. And with expert help content and support, you can quickly create visuals to show what you know.

Founded in 1987, TechSmith has experience that startups lack. Snagit and Camtasia are market leaders in screen capture and productivity categories. That’s why billions of images and videos have been created with our products by more than 65 million people across over 222 countries and territories
Hi

I would like to buy an Antivirus Protection for my PC.
My processor: Intel Core i7 4860HQ
Memory: 8gb DDR3
I have 512GB SSD.

Which is the Right Choice? The Eset Smart Security or The Kaspersky Internet Security 2019?

Thank you