Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
At long last, WireGuard VPN is on its way into Linux
Quote:For years, developers have been working on this new take on the virtual private network, and now it's finally ready to go.

How much are people looking forward to WireGuard, the new in-kernel Linux virtual private network (VPN)? Well, Linus Torvalds said, "Can I just once again state my love for it and hope it gets merged soon? Maybe the code isn't perfect, but I've skimmed it, and compared to the horrors that are OpenVPN and IPSec, it's a work of art."

If that sounds like damning with faint praise, you don't know Torvalds. For him, this is high praise. WireGuard has now been committed to the mainline Linux kernel. While there are still tests to be made and hoops to be jumped through, it should be released in the next major Linux kernel release, 5.6, in the first or second quarter of 2020.

Read full : https://www.zdnet.com/article/at-long-la...nto-linux/

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Here's why VPN services are turning to WireGuard Bjyda 1 1,051 03-01-2021 , 01:06 AM
Last Post: Ultimo
  Google funds Linux maintainers to boost Linux kernel security Bjyda 0 860 02-24-2021 , 11:39 PM
Last Post: Bjyda
  Introducing VyprVPN 4.0 Beta With WireGuard Sasha 0 1,171 05-08-2020 , 05:24 PM
Last Post: Sasha
  WireGuard Gives Linux a Faster, More Secure VPN sidemoon 1 1,614 03-05-2020 , 12:04 PM
Last Post: Mike
  VPNs will change forever with the arrival of WireGuard into Linux sidemoon 0 1,509 02-03-2020 , 06:23 PM
Last Post: sidemoon