Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Post: Reddit Facebook
Ways to create and test for the strongest possible password
One way I found to possibly create the strongest password.

[Image: giphy.gif]
"I said the strongest password, Arnold S., not the biggest ego." Tongue

There are many strong password creators online, and a lot of articles from “experts” suggesting how to create strong passwords that are hard or impossible to crack.  I have come to believe that there are so many “bad actors” working at breaking any password that eventually there may be no such thing as a password that cannot be hacked/figured out. But, that does not mean that we should ever quit trying to figure out the strongest passwords possible.  ... Why should we ever make it easy for these criminals (bad actors) to get at us?

So, I have discovered what I think may possibly be the best password tester online at this time: http://www.passwordmeter.com

This password tester requires that your password have the following:

1. Minimum of eight(8) characters in length.
2. Contains 3 or 4 of the following items:
 – Uppercase Letters
 – Lowercase Letters
 – Numbers
 – Symbols

I suggest that you try what you think are the strongest password makers that you have found up to this time and make a password.  Then try it out here against these high standards.  I think you will be surprised at the results. I know I was when I first found it.  I could not get a perfect score on any password I was currently using or any password that I could get using password makers that I found online.

So, I went to work trying to figure out how to make a maximized password that would pass the standards of this unique tester/evaluator.

First, I compiled a list of all the letters, numbers and symbols that I could use to build a password:

(possible characters to use in a password = 94)

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ

!”#$%&'()*+,-./:;<=>?@[\]^_`{|}~

Or, printed other ways,

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ   abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz       1234567890    !”#$%&'()*+,-./:;<=>?@[\]^_`{|}~

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz1234567890!”#$%&'()*+,-./:;<=>?@[\]^_`{|}~

And then, I started scrambling them together with the hope of getting a perfect score on  PasswordMeter.com.  …. It took me a while but I finally got one, and so can you if you put in the time and effort.

At this time, my understanding is that Google.com/Gmail.com allows up to sixty(60) characters in any password that is submitted to them for approval of an account (gmail.com, or log-in to any google.com service.)  It is reported by various sources on the web that you may use a blank/empty space in a Gmail or google.com password,  just not at the beginning or end.  I have not tried an empty space yet on one of my Google.com accounts, so I cannot confirm this. … Check with the site where you are a member to see what is their maximum number for a viable password.

My gifts[Image: nkkxKov.gif] to you are shown below: 

1. The first gift is a set of sixty (60) characters that will pass the standards of http://www.passwordmeter.com, which I consider to have the highest standards I have ever found. 

Fi3r$l\U4y?Tf7I(e/b{Ka6dJ@C8jEk#Bn%g^z_h:Lt”Ms’N]P[uQ;R~vS`V

2. The second gift is a set of eighty-eight (88) characters that will give you a perfect score on http://www.passwordmeter.com,
$L5&p-Z*q}2oH0O+m9Wc1D!Fi3r)l\U4y?Tf7I(e/b{Ka6dJ@C8jEk#Bn%g^z_h:At"Ms'N]P[uQ;R~vS`V|Xw=Y
*(Simply "copy and paste" onto notepad and save it into a file on your computer, external drives or any other place where you have easy access for use when you need a new password. The use of either password string (or any part of either string) shown above is inexhaustible if you follow the simple instructions shown below.)    

WARNING: Neither of these passwords should be used exactly as they are shown above since others are seeing them and some are sure to use them.  ... So be smart and alter them in this fashion before testing it out first over at  http://www.passwordmeter.com. …. *Simply change any similar character with another to get it to remain "perfect" (be able to obtain a perfect score on PasswordMeter.com).  ... For example, exchange the first letter F with any other capital letter of the alphabet in the string,  or any other character with a character of its own kind.

You can also use a part of either password string. Begin anywhere and end anywhere without changing anything.  It will still be perfectly strong when you test it over at PasswordMeter.com.  ... Of course, you will have to use a "password manager" app to save such passwords, even if they consist only of a few characters of either string shown above.  There are many very good "password managers" to be found. Some are free.  I currently use Dashlane and StickyPassword password managers. I also save my most important ones (like my email and bank accounts) in an encrypted file that I keep on my external storage drives. ...  A word to the wise listener: "BE REDUNDANT IN ALL THINGS THAT ARE NECESSARY, online and in life."  

Another place to check the strength of your password: https://howsecureismypassword.net/ , or simply search Google.com or any of your favorite search engines to find a password strength tester.

If anyone has any thoughts on this subject or anything you would like to add to this idea, please post below.
Thank you,
Elijah Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  World Password Day: 5 tips to create a strong, secure password sidemoon 0 1,315 05-07-2020 , 10:23 PM
Last Post: sidemoon
  MAC 4 Easy Ways to Reset Your Lost Mac Password tarekma7 0 1,843 03-03-2018 , 07:48 PM
Last Post: tarekma7